Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the intercooler yesterday, I wanted to check that the Y pipe had no holes or splits. Was fine, a little film of oil in the tubes, gave it a spray and clean with some WD40. I seem to be having trouble reconnecting it to the turbo. There just isnt enough space to get my hands in there and fit it on to the tube. Is there some techinique for reinstalling the OEM Y pipe? I have found a guide for installing silicon pipes but nothing for OEM.

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Hi mate,

I only know of this:

http://www.scoobymods.com/silicone-y-hose-forester-t3361.html?t=3361

Hope it helps.

I removed the intercooler yesterday, I wanted to check that the Y pipe had no holes or splits. Was fine, a little film of oil in the tubes, gave it a spray and clean with some WD40. I seem to be having trouble reconnecting it to the turbo. There just isnt enough space to get my hands in there and fit it on to the tube. Is there some techinique for reinstalling the OEM Y pipe? I have found a guide for installing silicon pipes but nothing for OEM.

G

·
Piece of cake, take a boiled kettle out and pour over the end, it will pop straight on no bother!
Top tip that one :biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that, will give a try.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top tip. Worked just fine, took two mins as opposed to over an hour yesterday.

·
Registered
2001 forester s turbo
54 Posts
good tip too late

Sounds like a good tip, only too late for me.

An hour and 3 skinned knuckles later I just managed to get mine back on.

Pays to do a search on the site before tackling any job.

always helpful tips on this site.:woohoo:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Did it once on stock Y-pipe, nice sunny day, no probs, STI silicon pipe is easy!

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts