Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
That thing must sound like an F-14 taking off when you get full boost!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Super sweet! That must be a blast to drive, great work and write up, 2 Thumbs Up!!!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
403 Posts
WOW! That's huge! :icon_eek: I assume that's for track, since there doesn't appear top be an air filter? :wink:

Curious, can you still get to the front differential stick? :smile:

Bobby...
I can still get to the stick, its not covered.

Nope, no filter. Yup I drive it like that :biggrin: Honestly, if you look into my engine bay, it would be almost impossible for anything to get up into the turbo unless I leave something loose, and I check that sort of thing regularly.

As far as dust and such, I know guys who have driven 50-60-70k miles with open turbos that have perfect leakdown tests. Anything big would get stopped by the intercooler, and if something does get in there, a replacement wheel isnt that expensive to have put in. The power difference over my old intake is VERY noticeable and worth it.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
403 Posts
u get on a dyno yet?
No because I dont really care that much about a dyno sheet. Looking at how much air its pulling and the fact that I am maxing those injectors, you can be pretty certain of what would on an low to average dyno be just past 400whp. Conservatively speaking. And having driven a lot of Subies at that level, I would agree with the data.

I likely wont dyno it till I finish it. WHich means

Tranny. Obviously I cant even make this setup stretch its legs at this power level and I am at the comfortable limit of the gearbox.

Then comes fueling

1000cc Bosch injectors (maybe DW if they actually come out again)
Bosch 044 fuel pump and new lines all the way to the front of the car.
Aeromotive pressure reg
Snow Performance alchohol injection, which will be running 50/50 methanol/distilled water.

Then I also need to do the GM 3bar map sensor, which is no big deal and only runs about 50 bucks.

Then I will be all set for my 26PSI daily driver map. I will do a 28PSI drag strip map and a 33PSI E85 map which I am shooting for upper 500s.

Then a rollbar and the other couple things I need to not get thrown off the track when I run under 11.4 (I am going for high 10s when the setup is done)

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
No because I dont really care that much about a dyno sheet. Looking at how much air its pulling and the fact that I am maxing those injectors, you can be pretty certain of what would on an low to average dyno be just past 400whp. Conservatively speaking. And having driven a lot of Subies at that level, I would agree with the data.

I likely wont dyno it till I finish it. WHich means

Tranny. Obviously I cant even make this setup stretch its legs at this power level and I am at the comfortable limit of the gearbox.

Then comes fueling

1000cc Bosch injectors (maybe DW if they actually come out again)
Bosch 044 fuel pump and new lines all the way to the front of the car.
Aeromotive pressure reg
Snow Performance alchohol injection, which will be running 50/50 methanol/distilled water.

Then I also need to do the GM 3bar map sensor, which is no big deal and only runs about 50 bucks.

Then I will be all set for my 26PSI daily driver map. I will do a 28PSI drag strip map and a 33PSI E85 map which I am shooting for upper 500s.

Then a rollbar and the other couple things I need to not get thrown off the track when I run under 11.4 (I am going for high 10s when the setup is done)
Sounds about where I am at now. got my hands on a set of used DW 1100cc's and a set of perrin top feed, already have the aem 3.5 bar map sensor. I have the ppg gears which are being traded for a 6 speed set up(tranny actally dropped and put on a pallett today to be shipped out for the 6 speed).

I won't be running meth so I will have a 24psi 93octane maps and prolly be in the around 425 and a drag 30 psi c16 map that should get around mid 500's. my headwork isn't as aggressive as your so I won't be able to get the full top end.

I would love to get all the big turbo foresters together and do a shoot out and turn some heads at the track:biggrin:

do you tune yours yourself and if so do you use a dyno or just street tuning?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
403 Posts
Sounds about where I am at now. got my hands on a set of used DW 1100cc's and a set of perrin top feed, already have the aem 3.5 bar map sensor. I have the ppg gears which are being traded for a 6 speed set up(tranny actally dropped and put on a pallett today to be shipped out for the 6 speed).

I won't be running meth so I will have a 24psi 93octane maps and prolly be in the around 425 and a drag 30 psi c16 map that should get around mid 500's. my headwork isn't as aggressive as your so I won't be able to get the full top end.

I would love to get all the big turbo foresters together and do a shoot out and turn some heads at the track:biggrin:

do you tune yours yourself and if so do you use a dyno or just street tuning?
All done on the street, by myself, Keith from AWDTuning and themadscientist from NASIOC. The entire credit for how awesome it runs now has to fall onto themadscientist though.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
ap, utec, opensource...?

what are your plans for roll bar? u think anything from the sti/wrx will bolt in or are you going to have to do something custom. and are you going to try to maintain the functionality of the car and build it around rear passengers/seats folding down for cargo

where do you have street open enough to safely road tune with that much power. and did I notice correctly no rods in your build

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
403 Posts
Opensource+UTEC.

For the Rollbar, I am going to pick up the Autopower WRX bolt in bar, either the bolt in single hoop, or the 5pt. If I get the single hoop, it should bolt right in. If I get the 5pt, the hoop and diagonal bar will bolt in, then I will have the rear uprights modified to bolt in. All I will need is the chassis half of the rear uprights changed.

As for the tune, how much power you have doesnt make a difference. You are tuning in a given gear, to redline, the speed doesnt change, you just get there faster. If anything, more power requires LESS road to tune :D

But the road I use is long and straight, if I tune it on the highway, its flat, straight, 4 lanes wide and has VERY little traffic (many times you cant even see the car in front or behind you) but I usually use the frontage roads alongside it, in which case its 2 lanes wide, flat and straight for about 2 miles maybe? Its enough to comfortably do at least 2 full 4th gear pulls.

Yup no rods. Factory rods are forged and are just fine till a bit past 500whp (speaking of a fairly low reading dyno), I dont plan on going past that really. I could on race gas or E85, but honestly pump+meth is about all I plan on doing, which on the dyno I use as a measuring stick, will only net me @490whp (but would be @540 on an "average" dyno)

·
Mr. July 2008
1,216 Posts
You might want to think twice on using a cage meant for a WRX/STi. The main hoop is going to sit way too low due to the cabin height of the Forester. You want all tubes to be as close as possible to the interior frame.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
403 Posts
You might want to think twice on using a cage meant for a WRX/STi. The main hoop is going to sit way too low due to the cabin height of the Forester. You want all tubes to be as close as possible to the interior frame.
Yeah I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Honestly, its only for the drag strip, its not like I am going to actually roll it.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
Just posting because me and MudRunner were just talking about how epic your forester is and how much we want it and because I just re-read the entire thread. I have a request though, do you have any video of the car? That would be awesome! Sweet ride man.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is Integrity Performance still offering PnP services, or is he even around anymore? I wanted to send a PM, but that feature is disabled for his account.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts