Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at installing OEM splash guards on a 2010 Forester Limited. Anybody know how easy/hard it is to do?

Also does anybody know of a good source for these, other than my local Subaru dealer parts counter that probably wants "retail"?

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,703 Posts
I ditched the OEM guards last month because they didn't do any 'guarding'. They just collected snow and mud, and I still got the side of my Forester muckky. I put on a set of Rally Armor mudflaps, and they are a lot better. Other members will chime in on this also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
From when I took mine off they should be pretty easy to put on, like 3 screws in each. There is a link to how to install everything in this thread
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f106/install-guide-pdfs-nearly-all-oem-accessories-32445/

that being said my personal opinion is that I didn't like the OEM guards, they were too short, if you look at your back door there is a piece of plastic to protect where stuff hits the door. I changed my OEM flaps for the rally armor ones and I'm much happier. They are expensive but if it saves my paint I will be happy, and they took about an hour to install.

·
Registered
2009 Forester manual
59 Posts
if you want the protection there is really only one choice Rallye Armor a bit expensive but then so is a paint job. I"m sure there will be more testaments. :mob:

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
yepp! RA mudflaps is the way to go!

my oem just collected snow - all 4 sides esp the rears! not with the RA's. and if there are any, a little kick to the flaps and the snow easily slides off. u cant do that with the oems. PITA to clean off. i believe the oems are somehow indented inward/hollow (ill have to take a look again. it's somewhere in a box after only 2 weeks of use. lol) one time, i had to meticulously remove the frozen snow buildup as sometimes u hear ur tire grinding against it when reversing. ughhh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts