Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5x Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to install Subaru Forester splash guards on a 2010 2.5x Premium? Do they do a good job protecting the sides of the vehicle?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
splash guards

Installing the splash guards is quite easy. A few screws and pop pins here and there. The front splash guards are easier to install if you turn your wheels out of the way. The rears can be done without removing the wheels, but the work area is tighter.

They are pretty low profile splash guards. They look good, I'm not quite sure how well they protect over nothing. I have seen a few aftermarket mud flaps on this forum. They look nice and probably perform much better. Nevertheless, I don't really have any problems with the oem ones. Personal preference.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
OEM splash guards look nice but do noting to protect the lower rear doors from taking a pounding from rocks and sand, I actually had to take my forester back this spring to have both rear doors repainted. Save your money and buy a set of the Rally Armor mud flaps, their kinda expensive but are cut from a soft urethane that wont crack or get too stiff in cold weather and they will do a much better job at saving your paint..
http://www.rallyarmor.com/

·
Registered
2009 2.5XT AWD 4AT ABS
4 Posts
OEM vs Rally Armor splash guards

Hi Guys,

I have been looking around recently for some splash guards. It's the rainy season here in Singapore and although there's not much snow around, the spray can get pretty bad and I'm looking for something to help protect the car (and to a degree those behind me on the expressway!)

I see there's a lot of buzz about the RA splash guards, and they look pretty fierce also (maybe too fierce for my un-modded 2.5XT). However, for my application, i.e. non-winter / non-offroad, are they a bit over kill for the price? Do you guys leave them on all year round or take them off in the summer months?

The other alternative is the OEM splash guards, which are consdierably cheaper and look neater - but the question is, do they do a good job - well good enough for the damp tropical climate rather than a winter climate?

~$140 for RA or ~$80 for OEM...that is the question.

Thanks for your inputs :icon_biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts