Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , can anybody help me want to install a short shifter which I have , gained access to existing gear stick , took bolt out hoping to find a circlip holding the ball into its socket , no circlip was there will it pull out of the ball socket or do I have to do something from underneath the car, mine is a 55 plate 2.5 XT , any info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mine is a 55 plate Forester does this method still apply to pop the stick out of the socket by levering it to back of the car once the bolt has been taken out

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Thanks mine is a 55 plate Forester does this method still apply to pop the stick out of the socket by levering it to back of the car once the bolt has been taken out
As this is a US based forum and you are not posting this in the European section, a "55 Plate" will mean nothing to most who read this thread.

A 55 Plate could be a late registered MY05 (model year 2005) or the Facelift MY06 and the shift lever lower socket was modified between the two years to include an upper snap ring for MY06.

MY05

MY06

If there is no snap ring the method described on Scoobymods should work.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbul...odel-year-year-registration-69020/#post764413

1 - 5 of 5 Posts