Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S-Turbo EAT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a Brantz electronic tripmeter into my '99 Forester turbo (for rallytour purposes) and I need to tap the tacho pulse to connect to the pulse interface of the Brantz. My old Range Rover uses an ordinary cable sonsor but since the Forester will have an electronic pulse (I assume or is it cable driven?) I'm lookingfor the right wire. I think the cables behind the dash will reveal the secret but what color coding would be used in the right wire?

Hope some of you will know the answer, since a search in this forum didn't gave me an answer...

Thanks,
Cees

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Awesome.

have you checked over at SpecialStage?
they have an equipment section that can probably help you out with the install.

you have to come back here though and let us know..:biggrin:

·
Registered
05 FXT 5MT
255 Posts
If you source a FSM for your car, look up the pin voltage chart. It will illustrate each pin of the ECU along with location, function, and wire color. Once you have that, it's a matter of looking up the engine speed signal and tap into it (conveniently inside, under the passenger footwell carpet and cover).

Have at it!!!

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S-Turbo EAT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I know how to calibrate these Tripmeters from Brantz since I've been using them for the last couple of years professionally in classic cars. I'll try all your suggestions. As soon as I've found the answer, I'll let you guys know, thanks!

Cees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts