Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Limited
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - its no secret the stock audio setup in the Forester leaves a lot to be desired. I went to the local audio store today wanting to just get an amp to put a little more power to the speakers and walked out with a new head-unit after realizing the real problem lies in the underpowered factory HU. So I am now the proud new owner of a JVC 7" touch screen HU. :banana:

I have also ordered the AXXESS ASWC steering wheel interface, an antenna adaptor, and a amplifirer install kit to run a 12" Eclipse in the boot to complete the set-up. I am going to keep the stock speakers for now - and have future plans to incorporate a reverse camera, bluetooth, and upgrade the F+R speakers with an amp.

I will be doing the install this weekend with a buddy and will be be taking pictures and will documenting everything here.

I want to know your thoughts on the HU and if you have any advice or tips on the install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,
Did you ever get this in?
I haven't got my 10 yet, but I was thinking of this HU for it.
What are your thoughts of it and how was the install?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
55 Posts
I have the JVC KW-AVX810 in my 2010, fits good< i got it from Crutchfield with the wiring kit.
Fits good, sounds great, all the controls work fine, plus I love having 250+ cd's on a 64gb USB drive in the glove box..no more flippin CD/DVD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts