Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my sets of tweeters for my Legacy and Forester today. The Legacy's were easy. The only challenge was figuring out how to get the screws tightened.

Then I stepped over to the Forester. It literally took me 5 minutes. Here's how I did it.

Open the door, take off the corner cover. Here's a video:

The cover is connected to the door with the wire for the tweeters. You can screw around trying to get that little connector to pop out from it's little receptacle, but it's really hard. I ended up twisting a little bit and it broke free, breaking the little tab on the cover.

Back of the tweeter assembly. It comes in two pieces. You just kind of shove the tweeter into the cover. It snaps into place, but once it's snapped in, flex the cover inward, like I'm holding it in the picture. You'll hear one more CLICK and it's fully seated.

There's only one way to plug that harness in. . . .

Then just reverse the process of taking the cover off to put the tweeter back on.

I have to say, even though these tweets are not quite as big or impressive looking as the Legacy's, they sound great, and the improvement on the sound system is well worth the money. Definitely do this addition first before you get an aftermarket head unit, because once you get a real stereo in there, you'll wish you had the tweeters installed.

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah, it's not like it needed a write up but I did it more just to show how easy it was and the bang for buck makes it totally worth it.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
The one trick I had was disconnecting the wire from the dummy cover. I tried rocking it out, finally got the pliers, nearly mangled the connector, THEN realized there was a little tab on the bottom of the connector that I had to push and the connector popped out. Duh.

I just put on rubber kitchen gloves to pop off the original dummy cover. No particular twisting needed, the gloves gave a good rubbery grip.

·
Registered
2007 Sports X
21 Posts
I'm glad to hear this. The treble is lacking without these so I think I'll start looking around for them, otherwise the system seems to have a decent enough umph to stay installed.

Any good sources for the tweeters? I have an '07 Sports X model with the 6 CD changer.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
I got them from a guy on Ebay. It's a dealer who was offering them for $57, but accepted an offer of $52. Keep an eye out at Ebay motors. Otherwise you're looking at ~$80 to get them online, with shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts