Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester L Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, made a post awhile ago about my driver side window motor/regular assembly. I got around to changing it and it works great, but now when I close it there is a rattle. At first I thought it might have been the door handle linkage (not sure if that's the right word) so I took the door apart to make sure it was in place properly and it was but there's still a rattle.

I double and triple checked all my nuts when tightening them down when I installed it. Could it be that the sound barrier plastic isn't fully covering the door?

I put the plastic back as best I could and it covers 90% of the inner door. Thinking I'm gonna get some new sound barrier plastic at some point and redo it since it's been taken down several times now.

Thank you!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey y'all. I know I never got any replies, but I just got around to trying to figure out my problem since I've been so busy with school. I took my door panel off today and was looking everywhere for my problem. Ended up calling our local mechanic (super nice guy) and said if I have problems and I'm around I can swing by and he'll look at it.

I ended up popping in. Took him all but 30 seconds or so to tell me what the problem is. Window regulator spring came off. Said it doesn't seem broken and I should be able to put it back into place. So if anyone ever runs into an odd door rattle when it's only in the up position you might wanna check there!

Happy spring!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome!

Just took it apart today, and guess what fell out as soon as I did?... THE SPRING!

Just waiting for a second set of hands to get home to help with the window

1 - 4 of 4 Posts