Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Premium automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the recommendations out there? Polk, Kickers and others ???? :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 Forester L Automatic
9 Posts
I'm a big fan of Clarion speakers because they typically offer the largest range in terms of frequency response. I just installed some SRG1623R 6.5s in my front doors and a pair of SRG1023R 4s in my rear doors. Paired with a JVC KD-X210 deck (which offers 22Wx4 RMS, typically the best you're going to get from a basic deck).

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
I just installed a deck in my Forester on Sunday a Kenwood KDC-355U ,
I needed an AUX or USB plug for my mp3's ( I only own 5 CD's and am tired of the repeating ) and am now shopping for speakers but do not have time this week , so any more suggestions on speakers would help narrow the search..
sixer

·
Registered
2011 WRX 5MT
190 Posts
Bang for the buck, the Focal Access 165 coaxials have been my best find. I used to say that the Polk dB651 coaxials were the best for the money but despite the Focals costing 2x as much, I like them 2x as much.

Polk dB651 are a good bet, as are Pioneer TS-A1675R and the Pioneer TS-D1602R.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
10 Posts
I put a pair of Polk DB651's in my front doors a few weeks ago and ended up replacing them with Alpine SPS 610's. I found the Polks way too harsh on my ears. I heard the Kickers are smoother sounding as well, but I have had Alpine products in the past so went with those. I really like how they sound.

I just finished all 4 doors with the Alpines and Dynamat (see pic).

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 WRX 5MT
190 Posts
I put a pair of Polk DB651's in my front doors a few weeks ago and ended up replacing them with Alpine SPS 610's. I found the Polks way too harsh on my ears. I heard the Kickers are smoother sounding as well, but I have had Alpine products in the past so went with those. I really like how they sound.

I just finished all 4 doors with the Alpines and Dynamat (see pic).
Nice brackets. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I ordered the new Kicker DSC674 speakers hope they sound good. :icon_eek:

Get them mid next week. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2011 WRX 5MT
190 Posts
Ordered from Crutchfield comes with spacers and wire harness kit.
When the Crutchfield adapters arrive and are flimsy junk (and they will be) you can follow the link in my signature to get proper adapters.

Not being smart- just trying to help save you on install headaches.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the Crutchfield adapters arrive and are flimsy junk (and they will be) you can follow the link in my signature to get proper adapters.

Not being smart- just trying to help save you on install headaches.
Done deal! Just sent some info hope to hear from you.

Crutchfield spacers suck.

Thanks. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2014 XT CVT
52 Posts
Bang for the buck, the Focal Access 165 coaxials have been my best find. I used to say that the Polk dB651 coaxials were the best for the money but despite the Focals costing 2x as much, I like them 2x as much.

Polk dB651 are a good bet, as are Pioneer TS-A1675R and the Pioneer TS-D1602R.
I'm rocking Focal components up front and coaxial in the back with phenryiv1's spacers. Definitely worth the money!!!

Front Speakers w/ spacers

Rear Speakers w/ spacers

FYI, I used some extruded butyl rope as a "gasket" between the speaker and the spacer as well as the spacer and the door.

·
Registered
2011 WRX 5MT
190 Posts
I'm rocking Focal components up front and coaxial in the back with phenryiv1's spacers. Definitely worth the money!!!

Front Speakers w/ spacers

Rear Speakers w/ spacers

FYI, I used some extruded butyl rope as a "gasket" between the speaker and the spacer as well as the spacer and the door.
Those look awesome- Can you email me the pictures?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just installed my new speakers and the spacers rock !!! :woohoo: Kicken it with the Kickers!

Thanks again Patrick. :icon_cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts