Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The kicker CompVRs are a great sub for the price. depth wise they do fit, but they ahve a prety big excursion and the cone tends to hit the upholstry if you try the stealth style install. I'm not saying they don't work, you will just need to find a way to get good cone clearance, but not push the panel out so far that the foam floor won't fit back into place.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'll have to play with it. Maybe I won't go completely stealth, and instead cover it with a regular speaker grille that would give the cone some clearance. That might mean modifying (cutting) the stock upholstery, though, which I really don't want to do. If I didn't let myself get used to all the cargo space back there, I'd be happy with a box and quick-disconnect wiring. But, I really like that stealth install a lot.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'll have to play with it. Maybe I won't go completely stealth, and instead cover it with a regular speaker grille that would give the cone some clearance. That might mean modifying (cutting) the stock upholstery, though, which I really don't want to do. If I didn't let myself get used to all the cargo space back there, I'd be happy with a box and quick-disconnect wiring. But, I really like that stealth install a lot.
I installed a Kicker 10" L7 in a 2001 Forester last year. We had to cut out the upholstry and put a grill on the speaker, but it still left the entire hatch open for hauling stuff. The only problem was since the sub is connected to the chassis, there was major rattles. It still sound great and was extremely loud.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bookmarked! great job guys. i'm currently building my 04 NA and these stealth installs are wicked! hoping to post my build once finished and would really love to hear your suggestions.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Fantastic, Clean install

I've been dreaming of doing what you so expertly did. After seeing your install, I can stop dreaming and start doing. Thanks for the motivation:biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can totally recommend the DIY kit from Sea-Scooby. Saved me a huge amount of time trying to meaure/fabricate the stuff myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sea-Scooby I pm'd you some time ago about getting one of your double rear hatch sub kits... not seen a reply yet?

How much are your dual rear sub install kits?
Can you let me know a list of goodies required on top of your kit?

I have an xt, pre-fitted factory sub on the left, so I guess I am either looking for a second matched factory sub to insert to the empty right pocket, or a matched pair to insert into both locations.

Let me know what you have available in your kit please.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Sea-Scooby I pm'd you some time ago about getting one of your double rear hatch sub kits... not seen a reply yet?

How much are your dual rear sub install kits?
Can you let me know a list of goodies required on top of your kit?

I have an xt, pre-fitted factory sub on the left, so I guess I am either looking for a second matched factory sub to insert to the empty right pocket, or a matched pair to insert into both locations.

Let me know what you have available in your kit please.
Hmm... I don't know how I missed it. Sorry about that! I'll PM you back and answer your questions!

·
Registered
146 Posts
any one got any got any suggestions to any good subs for this fitment? I was looking for something that sounds clean. Thanks!

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
The insert used for 10" kits. This gives you .6-.7 cu ft of airspace vs. the normal .3-.4.

Take the turkey leg looking piece and push it back against this brace:

81 - 100 of 110 Posts
About this Discussion
109 Replies
44 Participants
Vlafond
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing