Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

If I can find leather seats from '04 XS on a local junk yard, how hard would it be to install it in my plain old Forester '04 X?

Do the side airbags and heaters have nice connectors I can plug them in or do I have to cut the wires and solder them back?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
From what I have seen, there should be no physical or fitment problems. Airbags should be plug and play, but you may have your work cut out getting the proper power and switches hooked up.
GL

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
There are kits, that come with the heating elements and switches, that you install yourself... It's not hard to do at all. If you can install a car stereo, you should be able to accomplish heated seats...

Katzkin Universal Seat Heater - SubaruWRXparts.com

You'll need the above kit, plus hog rings, and hog ring pliers for putting the seat back together.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Consider aftermarket seat heaters. Some of us don't like how stockers are either too mild or too hot and some aftermarkets seem to perform quite well throughout the temperature spectrum.

Wiring.. I'd avoid dealerships but that's just me.. I've never really trusted them and they keep screwing up with me no matter how simple the job..

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
First, welcome to the forum, hope you visit often and bask in the knowledge our members have contributed to.

A good number of our members have gone the DIY route and used aftermarket accessories for good results.

Check out www.katzkin.com for leather covers that fit like the original and HeatedSeatKits.com - The Future is Warm for the butt warmers. Both of these companies usually have specials on ebay so check there as well.

You might also want to edit your profile to indicate your location, you might find a member responding to offer some help, you never know.
The Search feature will also bring up lots of related posts on these subjects.

Finally if you decide to stick around here you can also put vehicle info into your Signature, that way it shows up every time you post. Just go into User CP, Edit Signature and add vehicle info such as year/model/transmisson. Enjoy

The seat covers will use your existing foam and air bags so it plug and play as usual. The seats do have to be removed to install and it's easier to use small zip ties to fasten the covers as opposed to using the standard hog rings. The heated seat kits do have to be connected to a power source under the shifter console, never heard that it was too difficult so it must be pretty well explained in the instructions.

Let us know what you end up doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts