Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this thing looks cool under the hood. Second it bolts right up. Third it sounds farking awsome when you mash the go pedal.
The kit comes complete with everything you need to install this bad boy right into your N/A Forester (or RS withch it was designed for.)
My only recomendation is put the biggest K&N or filter of your choice on, because the one that comes with it is just alright.
I've had my CAI on since the end of 05 and have been realy happy with it. I'd always headrd that a CAI will cause you to loose great amounts of low endtork. Let me just say it ain't so. I can chirps tires without much issue at all. My gas mileage has gone through the roof. The other day I filled up my tank before heading to Vegas for CES. I jumped in the car and headed toward 29Palms (the back way to Vegas.) Well long story short at triple digits for nearly 300 miles I still had 1/4 of a tank left. When I did it last time (stock, no CAI) I filled up 30 miles closer to Vegas and was just above E when I got there.
Just a quick note before you go out and buy one, they are loud. When you mash the go pedal air traveling through the CAI screams out loud. So if you are looking to keep that sleeper this probable isn't the intake for you.

I got mine here: http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-auto~performance-Injen~Intake-no-23454.htm
I think I paid $270ish shipped...

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Wraith said:
First off this thing looks cool under the hood. Second it bolts right up. Third it sounds farking awsome when you mash the go pedal.
The kit comes complete with everything you need to install this bad boy right into your N/A Forester (or RS withch it was designed for.)
My only recomendation is put the biggest K&N or filter of your choice on, because the one that comes with it is just alright.
I've had my CAI on since the end of 05 and have been realy happy with it. I'd always headrd that a CAI will cause you to loose great amounts of low endtork. Let me just say it ain't so. I can chirps tires without much issue at all. My gas mileage has gone through the roof. The other day I filled up my tank before heading to Vegas for CES. I jumped in the car and headed toward 29Palms (the back way to Vegas.) Well long story short at triple digits for nearly 300 miles I still had 1/4 of a tank left. When I did it last time (stock, no CAI) I filled up 30 miles closer to Vegas and was just above E when I got there.
Just a quick note before you go out and buy one, they are loud. When you mash the go pedal air traveling through the CAI screams out loud. So if you are looking to keep that sleeper this probable isn't the intake for you.

BTW:
Cost? or good place to get one?
If you can, post a sound clip?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts