Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I realize that the aftermarket for the N/A Foz is not that great. I understand that If I want somethin that goes get an XT.
I have looked all over and also read the 2 stickeys on this section about N/A performance parts.
I would really like to add a cold air intake and exhaust to my "X" to give it a little more gut up and go,I have done plenty of V8 intake and exhaust setups but not for an H4.
I checked out boxer4racing.com, but I'm just so unsure about what will work and what will not.
I NEED HELP!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Our cars are very similar to the 2.5RS. however, I wouldn't do an intake. The stock is very well designed IMO. You could get a better filter to improve flow and remove the silencer as well.
As for exhaust, you have a lot of options. Anything for the 2.5RS will fit ours. You just need longer hangers and the tip is sometimes a little short. There are exhausts made for the forester specifically as well.
You can get headers, cat pipes, and cat backs from many different places. It all depends on how much you want to spend

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know I can get a higher flow panel filter for the OE airbox, but where is the intake silencer? I have friends that can weld so lengthening exhaust tips and such is not a problem. I think I saw wher Stromung makes a forester specific catback exhaust.
Again thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Thanks, I know I can get a higher flow panel filter for the OE airbox, but where is the intake silencer? I have friends that can weld so lengthening exhaust tips and such is not a problem. I think I saw wher Stromung makes a forester specific catback exhaust.
Again thanks for the response.
The intake silencer is in the fender, it looks like a crazy outworldly piece of plastic, very easy to remove and most report sound and/or performance difference. I noticed on mine that it make bit more growl.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forester_xt_silencer_removal-t4475.html?t=4475

Just got an ounce in the mail.
What? Spam?

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
634 Posts
ONce you remove the silencer do you need to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery so the engines reads fuel mix different?

+_+

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
i would recommend it. some guys get CELs when they don't. lean mix. i don't really suggest the silencer removal on a MAF NA vehicle though. a lot of RS guys end up putting it back on.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Yea keep the intake stock. Hence is why I am willing to buy a used stock intake and reinstall in on mine. No preformance gain in hacking your stock intake into a short ram.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts