Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Fellow turbo forester owners. It's really surprising how little data there is available as to how effective an oil catch can is with respect to direct injection engines. This you tube video was posted tonight and I thought it might be helpful for those pondering a purchase and the actual effectiveness of an oil catch can.

Regards, BAZZ

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
184 Posts
Just to add, I found this below video very useful and applicable to the SJ Forester XT which shares the same engine as the WRX:

https://youtu.be/tyMPKDp5-14

I’ve also installed the ADD W1 oil catch cans (PCV and CCV) on my 2016 Forester XT. Have similar results as the video. About 1-2 teaspoons of oil accumulated in the can connected to the PCV after about 5,000 miles. The can connected to the CCV was almost bone dry.

So I would highly recommend SJ FXT owners to install a good oil catch can, at least 1 which is connected to the PCV to keep your intake valves clean

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
I just had my intercooler open and saw a good teaspoon of oil at my pvc. I'm thinking of getting the crawford v3.

Anyone else has used this before,

·
Registered
2017 FXT
82 Posts
As long as you're cool with maintaining it, I think the catch can system is the way to go. Why would you want that nasty junk headed back to your oil pan/engine?

·
Registered
2016 XT
255 Posts
I have the Crawford AOS (early V3) on mine without the coolant lines attached and the unit is relocated further back towards the bulkhead and I have no problems with it suffering from condensation etc, but saying that I do live in a warm part of da world for most of the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts