• Motul RBF 600 fluid

Wheels
  • Stock wheels painted black

Suspension
  • Sti sedan struts and springs
  • Sti rear sway bar

Exterior/Interior
  • 18% tint all around
  • 04/05 Sti seat (Driver only got it for a steal)
  • Flapatax 3/16" Urethane Mud Flaps
  • Stock OEM dealer add on boost gauge

Probably left something out, I'll edit later

Soon to come:
VF39/sti tmic
wheels and brembos

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Looks sweet! Love the dark wheels on silver. Looks much better lowered on the STi suspension. All that is missing is the rear wing :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updates!

Is that a TurboXS TBE?
Nope it is a Cobb catless turboback wrx/sti fitment so its just burning my bumper :(

Went from this

To this, somehow I though it was a smart idea to do all this in the snow. Need to modify 3 pipes to make it fit with the bumper on and should let me keep the fogs.

Hopefully some more up this week after I finish cutting the bumper and intercooler pipes. What do you think just keep it stock looking up front and modify the lower hole? Thats what I have done now, but I might just cut up more and fiberglass/bondo/paint it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 6MT DCCD (helical)
2,248 Posts
Beautiful! I just got the same exact car last week. Totally stock but I can't wait to change that! Selling any parts? PM me I can take care of shipping real easy. Thanks, keep up the good work, and good luck!!

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
What fmic is that?

joe r

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a turbo xs fmic, and I modified the two pipes that go into the core by shortening them by 1 inch on each side (should have done more). I had to modify the front subframe by about an inch so the core would sit back far enough(towards the radiator) so it would attach using the two front skidplate bolts. Got it all put back together now but I am still determined to make it so I can put my fogs back in. I'll post some more pics once my car gets back from the shop friday.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Have you posted a link to this in the Members Journal Directory yet? If not, DO IT MANG!

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How comfortable/loud is the ride with those STi struts/springs?
I like them a lot, the only caveat is to make sure that you take them apart and grease the shocks otherwise you'll be bouncing around and you'll have the infamous clunk from the shocks. It annoyed me for a long time until I greased them and got new tophats. But besides that it is a great upgrade, perfect for a daily driver in my opinion.

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
Updates?

Dude you should know that you're ALWAYS welcome to come over and use my garage for any projects. Seriously, let me know next time you need to tear it apart and I'll open my garage up for you.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updates?

Dude you should know that you're ALWAYS welcome to come over and use my garage for any projects. Seriously, let me know next time you need to tear it apart and I'll open my garage up for you.
Thanks man, I'll take you up on the sometime. I'll bring beer, sorry no mt. rainier.

As for updates not many since the front mount and school is taking over my life. I need a tune though, thinking of taking logan up on the ebcs/manual tune.

Got some parts ready to install
-Rear poltec box endlinks
-turbo inlet
-xti badges

So probably Saturday I'm gonna spend the day detailing perhaps installing endlinks to get ready for the slcsubaru meet on sunday.

·
Banned
99 Forester S 6 spd soon!
739 Posts
Looking good!! dont be afraid to shave down the back of the fogs a little bit to make that front mount fit. that was the ticket for me on a 07 wrx to keeping the fog lights after modifying the pipes and front mount where leaving me just a hair off still.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts