Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a 2005 XT that has been no end of trouble, most of which has to do with the engine - timing over-advance codes, misfires, and now some emissions codes. We've replaced just about half of this engine, including turbo, new valves, other bits on the heads, and more. Been looking at new Fozzies, but we've got the 5 speed (which she loves) and you can't get a new turbo with a manual trans.

Because we really love everything else about our Foz, we're now entertaining the idea of an engine swap - new or low mileage used. We have no idea who would do this kind of work in the area. Dealerships around here have terrible reputation, service-wise, so I'd like to avoid them entirely.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5spd
254 Posts
Christian Brothers in Cool Springs. One of the mechanics there used to own a bugeye WRX with a EJ207 swap. He's the only one I would trust to do work that I can't do.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Christian Brothers in Cool Springs. One of the mechanics there used to own a bugeye WRX with a EJ207 swap. He's the only one I would trust to do work that I can't do.
We had a guy at another dealership look at it - he used to do side work, but that fell through. Which guy at Christian Brothers should we be looking for?

Thanks for the tip!

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts