Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn off the Forester it displays previous (overall average) and current (this trip) mileage in graphic form and the current mileage is also displayed in digits. The graphic is incorrect. The "current" mileage is the same as the average. Here is an example. My overall average was ~25.6 but the trip mileage was 30.9. You can see from the attached image that it is incorrect. Has anyone else seen this? I know it is a minor problem but I wish they would release an update.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
When I turn off the Forester it displays previous (overall average) and current (this trip) mileage in graphic form and the current mileage is also displayed in digits. The graphic is incorrect. The "current" mileage is the same as the average. Here is an example. My overall average was ~25.6 but the trip mileage was 30.9. You can see from the attached image that it is incorrect. Has anyone else seen this? I know it is a minor problem but I wish they would release an update.
30.9 is for current trip not for average. Bars are for average.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
30.9 is for current trip not for average. Bars are for average.
Meaning your current trip (30.9) was better than average (25.6), but your overall A average before the trip (25.6) and after the trip (25.6) did not change.

I am assuming your current trip was either a short trip, or you have a lot of mileage on your trip A odometer.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Here is a photo to show mine were different today.

I believe my Trip A average went from about 25 up to 27 in today's drive.

Note how subtle the difference between the 2 bars is considering it is a 2 mpg jump. It needs to be significant in order to be a discernible difference in height.

Untitled by jasplund91, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts