Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,427 Posts
A quick look at the diagram says that it would be a challenge to do this for the front (lighter) socket in an SF (pre-2003) model. The outlet goes directly to the ignition switch via a fuse (#4 in the fuse block down by the driver's feet) that's shared with quite a few other devices. So there's no nice handy relay that could be bypassed to keep it on, as there is with the rear socket. I think the easiest thing would just be to run a dedicated wire straight to the battery via an appropriate fuse.

·
Registered
2004 vf34 FXT 5MT
253 Posts
I know its an old thread, but does anyone have a part number for the lower circular relay in question? It has a red connection on my MY04 and mine has died on me...

Or anyone that by-passed theirs, want to sell me yours?

+1 for this thread to be a sticky!

EDIT: I don't need the relay. As it turns out, the 'mirror/cigar' fuse was blown, and when I replaced it my seat heaters and 12V socket in the armrest started working again...

seems like my fuse box diagram is a bit ambiguous, but oh well... now I need to just figure out why my foglights stopped working since the track day last weekend....

41 - 42 of 42 Posts