Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Base - Magnetite Gray Metallic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually buy well equipped vehicles, but due to Hurricane Harvey (House flooded no flood insurance since it has never flooded where I live), kid on the way, I will probably go Base model. Luckily the Base model comes with Android Auto, but my only concerns are the wheels which look horrendous and the stock audio system. Should I get those upgrades through the packages offered through Subaru, or just save up and upgrade via aftermarket if and when I have the money??

TY

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
93 Posts
FWIW, I spent the extra $500+ for the Rockford Fosgate audio upgrade on my 2019 Crosstrek and didn’t think it was worth it. My suggestion would be to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So those with the Base model, how do you like the wheels? Do they grow on you? Or did you upgrade to the alloy wheels?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Base Ice Silver Metallic
73 Posts
I have a Silver Base Model Forester. I upgraded to the silver alloy wheels with the roof rails on mine. I still swapped out the silver alloy wheels with another Buyer that had a Premium (dark metallic alloy) and had bought aftermarket wheels. I was able to sell my silver alloy wheels on this forum. There are several buyers and sellers of 2019 Forester OEM wheels on the forum. The Base model is missing the tweeters at the end of both sides of the dash but the wiring is there. I was able to get the pair of tweeters from another Forester owner that swapped out all their speakers with aftermarket. I am fine with the current sound, but I am honestly not that picky in regards to the audio these days. Enjoy your Forester once you make your purchase!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think some careful DIY will be in the future, thanks for the tip on the tweeters.

Reactions: scarzy19

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wondering if I could do the rear roof spoiler aftermarket? Seems like a nice touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts