Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help I brought my New 2019 Forester back to dealer had only a month and couldn't get the Rear gate open .They called me back and told me that they were having problem that they couldn't get the CODES somehow they lost them and trying to fig why they had car 2 days no and still trying to find out why they cant get any codes.Anyone have this problem before and how serious is it and they stated they worked yesterday. and today all were gone can anyone tell me what may cause to lose all codes and how is it going to affect me when and how they get back.. Is this an electrical problem or more serious the car has 500 miles are it

jerry:frown2:

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
834 Posts
Here is a service bulletin for MY 2014 for initializing the power rear gate that mentions some of the codes that can be lodged if the gate isn't working properly. The tech probably cleared them before writing them down and they are trying to get them to set again so they can understand the root cause of the problem. If it isn't too inconvenient, I'd just get the car back and use it until you have the problem again, and then they can troubleshoot after recording the codes first.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/SB-10065795-3639.pdf

·
Registered
2019 Touring
242 Posts
There is a long thread on the problem. Disconnect the negative side of your battery for two minutes. Should fix the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they done that and doesn't work after that, that was done first time I brought in so I seen that in other post as well but it DOEST WORK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts