Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
When VAT was temporarily reduced to 15%, the Chancellor added 2% duty to fuel to offset the reduction in tax collected from motorists. Now that VAT has been increased to 17.5% again this hidden tax has not been removed - hence recent rises in your fuel costs.

Sign the petition at the link below to have this stealth tax removed!

Petition to: Fuel duty reduction, now VAT has increased to 17.5%, please deduct the duty which was levied when vat was reduced to 15%.

And write to your MP!!!
Signed.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,596 Posts
Donkey Dirt Peddlers.

Signed Well spotted mate.

Where do these Creatures come from>>>>>>>>>>>???:huh::huh::huh:

regards

AM

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
not that it will make a blind bit of difference. We'll still get f'ed up the A by the government.

Signed anyway. but I wont held my breath if any of the past petitions i've signed is owt to go by!

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Where do these Creatures come from>>>>>>>>>>>???
Dare I say most of them seem to come from Scotland?

Lets face it the countries finances are in the poo (even if we make the Iberian peninsular and Greece look healthy) and they have to claw every penny they can, although I note in the runup to an election that those on benefits got a raise this year!

Simon

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dare I say most of them seem to come from Scotland?

Lets face it the countries finances are in the poo (even if we make the Iberian peninsular and Greece look healthy) and they have to claw every penny they can, although I note in the runup to an election that those on benefits got a raise this year!

Simon
Actually, the only difference between the state of the UK and Greek economies is our credit rating ...

·
Registered
03 Audi
238 Posts
Signed

One thought, the last time petrol prices were as high as they currently are was when the price of oil on the barrel hit all time highs ($130+ PB), however the cost per barrel has returned to around $60 PB! Even with this stealth 2p tax surely the cost of fuel should be a lot less....

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
signed.......when the petrol prices were at the all time record i was paying £1.25 a litre .Now its back to that once again although diesel is a few pence cheaper and last time it was the same as v power?????????

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
How much, and I thought 110.9 was pricey!

Simon

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Actually, the only difference between the state of the UK and Greek economies is our credit rating ...
Erm, no we are borrowing less than half (as a percentage of GDP) what the Greeks are borrowing, this year they will borrow 13% of their GDP, that is why they are in the Poo, its not the amount of debt they have (113% of GDP at the end of last year compared to say Japan's 200%) but the rate they are increasing that at which is the problem.

Simon

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Erm, no we are borrowing less than half (as a percentage of GDP) what the Greeks are borrowing, this year they will borrow 13% of their GDP, that is why they are in the Poo, its not the amount of debt they have (113% of GDP at the end of last year compared to say Japan's 200%) but the rate they are increasing that at which is the problem.

Simon
The last time I looked at the figures we were borrowing 12.7% of our GDP ...

Here it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8521587.stm

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Actually I think the Greek problem is they aren't paying it back....

I love Greece though. So relaxed. Including paying the loans back:biggrin:

Last week I could get V-power for 114.9 locally.

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually I think the Greek problem is they aren't paying it back....

I love Greece though. So relaxed. Including paying the loans back:biggrin:

Last week I could get V-power for 114.9 locally.
The Greek problem is that they lied about the extent of their deficit.

Our problem is that we aren't doing anything about ours in case it loses votes. :icon_confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts