Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of In Car footage from my most recent track session. I messed around with the camera to get some driver footage. Apologies if you don't like Metallica but I had both windows down which played havoc with the sound. Feel free to hit mute!
NsINP-EBGbM&feature=channel

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i was going to complain about the music 'cus i like to hear just the motor singing, but wind noise sucks! nice line around the track, good driving! thanks for posting!

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, yeah I don't like the music either but it was a hot Aussie day and I kept forgetting to wind the passengers window up.
I'll remember next time ;)

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Thanks, and in HD:rock:

Nice little track, all by your self:rock: Was it sundown or sunup?

I struggle with different mics to get the recording sound that is best. Wind noise haunts me. When I instruct I use tire noise as a main input into how much control that a driver has. Hard to judge without it.

I'll use your footage for students who don't step-step-step there hands on the steering wheel and just cross there arms.

Us USDM bloks will do a doubletake when viewing the shiftpattern:huh:

Again thanks, your hitting the marks. Keep on trucking!

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi burke, still braking through i esses huh :Banane08:
lol. Even if I was you still wouldn't come close:icon_razz:

Thanks, and in HD:rock:

Nice little track, all by your self:rock: Was it sundown or sunup?

I struggle with different mics to get the recording sound that is best. Wind noise haunts me. When I instruct I use tire noise as a main input into how much control that a driver has. Hard to judge without it.

I'll use your footage for students who don't step-step-step there hands on the steering wheel and just cross there arms.

Us USDM bloks will do a doubletake when viewing the shiftpattern:huh:

Again thanks, your hitting the marks. Keep on trucking!
Yeah the noise is usually ok but it was a hot day and waiting to go out I had both windows down.
when I first got into tracking my car every instructor had different opinions regarding crossing the arms or not. I find it easier this way, especially finding staight ahead coming out of tight corners.
The footage is at sundown. We end up going for a few hours at night as the track is pretty well lit. Its nice for turbos and if its been a hot day the track stays pretty warm for grip.
Cheers for the comments.:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
I've seen crossing an not crossing argued both ways.

For those that argue to not cross, watch F1 footage some time.

For those that argue to cross, watch WRC some time.

I think it's a preference thing and also a vehicle specific method. Cars that have a quick enough rack that you can cover all of the steering input you have w/ a cross, that'd be ideal. If you're having to utilize more than 270 degrees of wheel input, than shuffle steer is the way to go.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts