Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to get hold of some low mileage Struts and springs takeoff from an 04 Impreza Sti.
Is there anything else I need to fit these on or can I just take them down to my local friendly garage and put them straight on ?
Many Thanks
Pete

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to remember reading somewhere about needing camber bolts ?

:no idea:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Sounds like everyhting should line up.

The change would be the bolt spacing on the tophats. It was the WRX STi that changed the spacing in 05, not the Forester.

Let us know how it goes. TIA for being the guinea pig.;)

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Bartop said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere about needing camber bolts ?

:no idea:
Not real familiar with the '06 but so far it appears to be identical as far as the suspension swap goes. You probably don't need rear camber bolts but with that big of a drop you'll probably end up with a bit more negative camber than what's optimum. I would grab some and take them along just in case.

I seem to remember you went with +51 PFF7s so with the increase in positive offset and neg. camber you might need the bolts for clearance. Mine seemed to feel the best with about a degree of negative camber in the back and couple of degrees neg. in the front 0 toe.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys :)
Now apparantly these Sti struts have prodrive springs ! Now is that just insane in terms of slamming it into the floor or worth keeping them on ?
I've got some normal sti springs available if needed..

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
You scored! Most Prodrive springs that i'm aware of lower about and inch from stock. They don't make suspension parts that aren't functional i.e. too low. The latest springs will give you a nice, slight rake towards the front. These are optimal for the STi struts and although they are higher rate, are supposed to ride better than the stock springs. Everything i've seen points to an overdamped undersprung situation with the stock springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts