Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a front and rear strut brace (bar) for my 2003 Forester. Has anyone had experience with these and will they fit my Forester?

I am also curious as to what the H-Brace is, any help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
The H-brace is a part that goes under the body... which I have no personal experience with.

As for the Strut braces... some fit, and some don't. Depending on the design of the strut brace of course. I found a cheap local strut brace, similar to the Cusco STi unit, and it didn't fit because of firewall clearance issues.
As for the rears, any WRX rear bar will fit... technically. The sedan bars require trimming of the mount plates, but the WRX wagon units fit fine and are typically of the quick-release variety.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
If you don't have many other suspension mods, I wouldn't bother with the front strut bar. I have a Cusco I bought used for $80, it probably made a bit of a difference but nothing mind-blowing.

How'd it work out with that '01 on Sunday?

Stan

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT - 20G 5MT
53 Posts
Did you end up getting the bars yet? I had ordered a the front and rear a while ago, I had to do alot of drilling to expand the rear bar to get it to fit, i ended up getting rid of it as its structure was no longer solid. I have heard the the older 93-01 impreza bars fit in the rear? not sure though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts