Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts
The info is the same as on the Subaru UK website, so I expect we will all know at the end of the month :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another example of the scale of the problem selling current model Subaru in the UK.
Go to the Cosworth website and view the engineered products for Impreza's , you can even buy a air filter for your Forester for under £30.00 delivered.

Cosworth

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6MT
371 Posts
Geneva show will reveal all

I personally think this is a bit overhyped - Autocar etc tend to get carried away with items like this .

if it had the spec of the R205 with a cosworth built 2.5 engine it would be something special - however I think it may turn out to be rather less than that.

probably also far cheaper to buy a regular JDM donor car and do any engine and suspension work you desire - but that's just my approach, plenty of people will be interested in this.

Paul W

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
You could drop a fully built 500hp Cosworth motor with no Subaru parts in it at all in your Forester (or whatever) for a puny £10,000 or thereabouts. That'd show the Cayenne turbos :biggrin:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with though - I reckon it'll be just south of 400hp and cost a bloody fortune.

You have to admire their timing :shake: Maybe I'll treat myself to the badge....

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Wait - the mists are clearing - I see 430hp, cosworth engine components but not a full long block, £43000, Big AP brakes, bushed out and tweaked suspension, special wheels, emission and noise compliant, full warranty.....

Still say you could do it better and cheaper yourself but I suppose some people would rather just walk in, sign the cheque and turn the key.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait - the mists are clearing - I see 430hp, cosworth engine components but not a full long block, £43000, Big AP brakes, bushed out and tweaked suspension, special wheels, emission and noise compliant, full warranty.....

Still say you could do it better and cheaper yourself but I suppose some people would rather just walk in, sign the cheque and turn the key.
That will be a beast but expensive indeed.
Remapped Sti power is fast enough, that must be scary to drive, lol.
I am curious to see the suspension upgrades more than anything else though.

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
nicked from Scoobynet.com

=

STi Cosworth 400

· £49,995

· Only 75 to be produced individually number plaque and chassis plate

· 400PS, 542NM, 0-60 3.7 seconds standing ¼ mile 12.75 seconds

· Available in Spark Silver, Dark Grey, San Remo Red.

· Upgraded Pistons, Piston Rings, Con rods, Bearings, Gaskets & Studs

· Upgraded Clutch, Turbo, Exhaust System, ECU.

· Cosworth branded leather interior, re-trimmed steering wheel, Re-faced interior panels in high gloss piano black.

· 6 pot AP racing brakes, front fog lights, lip spoiler, 18” light weight Alloys, upper and lower mesh Cosworth grilles, Privacy glass.

· Bilstein suspension developed by LOTUS.

· 3 Years 36,000 miles warranty

· Each lucky owner will be invited to take a tour round the Cosworth factory.

· CS 400 will be available from early June and will be built at a rate of 4 per week.

Orders are now being taken. £2000 deposit will secure your one of the lucky 75!

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks interesting but costs way too much. £50k and they couldn't be bothered to fit Recaro seats?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts