Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will impreza spec d front seats fit into the foz with Newage rails? No prizes for my next mod I have on mind ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's from a Subaru factory and an STI what's the problem? Can get the rears and door cards retrimmed to match down the road! I think it's worse to fit random aftermarket seats like recaro's etc...I don't subscribe to the keep it bog standard theory.every car is manufactured to a budget which means if it suit's you,you can improve on how it left the factory.most fsti's have been remapped and aftermarket exhausts but no one seems to mind that? I just like a bit of leather ;-)

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Doesn't look like a lot of additional support is gained from that swap Si. .?

Personally I'd rather re-upholster the existing seats. I'm looking at a nice sample of perforated black leather right now. Hmm.... Leather.....

Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm hope I have'nt unleashed the inner leather fetishist in everyone! Won't retrimming cost more than a decent set of fleabay?

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
they are out of an 11 sti, swapped over the air bags and seat heaters too! they offer a lot more support compared to the xt leathers, the side bolsters are much firmer and i feel like you sit in them rather than on them. the stock xt's were lethal with high speed cornering i used to have to hang on to the steering wheel and wedge my arse against the centre arm rest!! or it felt like id be sat on the passenger side.

i also like the fact that they dont get very cold in winter and the backs of your legs dont stick to them in summer!

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
I've got Recaro seats in my car. Oh, wait a minute. They're the factory fit Recaro sti seats. Doh!

They are fantastic! Comfy for a twelve hour drive and hold you in. No bench seat feeling at all. They wear very well too. Keep your FSTI seats and fit WRX STI seats from a late model like Simon did.....

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,591 Posts
Simon yours are alcantara, full leather ones are slippery on bends, hot in the summer and freezing in winter.

Cocobongo the FSTi seats have much better lateral support than the armchairs of the Spec D. I'll get my coat now lol.

And if you get rid of the OEM ones I know someone who may be interested in them.

Don't do it IMHO or if you really want to, get a 2nd hand set from an Impreza, swap them and keep the FSTi ones which are as rare as hen's teeth; in fact they are the same as Spec C ones.

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll try them out for a while and if I don't like them I can always sell them on again.of course keeping the originals until my mind is made up.if I like them I can sell the originals to prob make it a straight swap.doubt I'll lose much cash either way so worth a punt.hmm how much for spec d seats?

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
Hi Patrick, they arnt straight bolt in but not far off.

You use the forester steel base but with the STI foam as its a diferent shape, and the STI back just bolt straight up. if your nor bothered regarding airbags and heaters its a few hours of a job per seat, if your doing the whole job inc heaters and airbag id allow 4hrs for the first and 3hrs for the second!

my seats set me back £200 in total, £150 for orig. sti seats and then £50 for the later alacantra/leather trim.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Yes they will.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
I think they should.

Just to go off topic again (sorry)....

Spex C seats are wider than FSTi ones, so not as "hugging".

Also, check out Andy Linney's seats (used to be R1chie's car). Leather FSTi seats. Those I can get on board with. :biggrin:

I guess retrimming would be pricier than Spec D seats, but worth investigating in my opinion.

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for info.as it's only a few bolts to undo no permanent will be caused by giving them a try.if I feel like a jelly on the waltzers I can swap them back easily enough. Found a set which are cheap enough for a punt so will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Corrected, pedantic mode ON
Spec D seats are wider than FSTi ones, so not as "hugging".
/Pedantic mode OFF

Cocobongo, I read someone on SN was saying that you get good grip on leather seats if you wear leather trousers so you know what you need to do in order not to slide about, leather on leather! :icon_cool:

We need pics though :N_poke:

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Regarding seats, from what I know and have tried, STi seats with side airbags are wider than STi ones without airbags.

Hawkeye STi seats all have side airbags (in UK).

Hawkeye WRXs could be ordered with/without side airbags.

I am also pretty sure Spec C seats are exactly the same as FSTi ones.

2.0 STi widetrack seats (they didn't have airbags) are AFAIK the shame shape as Spec C ones but retrimmed differently.

WR1 seats may look the same as Spec C/FSTi ones from distance but upon closer inspection they are made from what looks to be cheap velour and not alcantara.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts