Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts

pretty obvious how different they are.

this last pic is the model year of your car right? you already have "jdm forester sti" styled mirrors. the centers just need to be filled in body color, the outline is already there.

·
Registered
707 Posts
np i hope the big pics helped.

i've attached a shot of a real forester sti. the mirror is folded in but you can see what i'm talking about. your X mirrors are the "same" housing design, but angled for LHD and not painted as fancy. they also won't power fold, bfd.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
i was thinking aftermarket options ... but i think i will end up gong with the turn signal ones
well there's always the craft square styled gt mirrors. those would require custom fitting/mounting though. they look rather silly on daily drivers imo, not to mention a drastic decrease in viewing surface. obviously great for less weight/drag on a track car, but i would like to better see who's in the adjacent freeway lanes behind me thank you very much.

i will 100% buy your mirrors off you when/if you end up going with the turn signal ones. doing it soon or dreaming?

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well there's always the craft square styled gt mirrors. those would require custom fitting/mounting though. they look rather silly on daily drivers imo, not to mention a drastic decrease in viewing surface. obviously great for less weight/drag on a track car, but i would like to better see who's in the adjacent freeway lanes behind me thank you very much.

i will 100% buy your mirrors off you when/if you end up going with the turn signal ones. doing it soon or dreaming?
wow i dont like those gt mirrors

·
Registered
707 Posts
yeah stick with the forester turn signal ones and sell me your old mirrors :p

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
hmm interesting , so is the footprint the same on the sti mirror? Im really asking because I found a set of wrb sti mirrors to replace mine because my drivers side mirror got smashed by a basketball from stupid kids playing at my apartment and it cracked the housing all up. I would preffer mirrors without turn signals so if they fit Im down with that.

·
Registered
707 Posts
look at the pictures i posted. you can clearly see the impreza sti mirror will not fit your forester.

what i'm referring to is the usdm forester X styled mirror housings are the "same" as a jdm forester sti.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
If you look at the forward upper edge of each door, they do not look alike. The Impreza appears straight and the Forester sweeps up slightly. I do not think they will interchange. I would like to do this too and looked at japanparts.com for quite a while, nothing looks to be interchangeable.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v 6 speed smg
764 Posts
are they powered? I know they are not heated. pm me how much?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm actually selling a set of 2006 x mirrors like the 3rd picture at post#3.
yes i know i've seen your thread. if the housings were perfect i would have contacted you already.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts