Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 1999 forester. I've been looking to lower it and i'm having a hard time finding an answer in my search. Everyting I come across in previous threads is talking about the 2003+ SG chassis. And I have the SF6 shassis??? I've come across a good deal on a complete set of 02/03 wrx sedan springs and shocks but I just want to make sure they bolt up. If not what is the correct wrx/sti set up to get? I plan on getting lowering springs...so I basically need to find out what is the correct shocks and top-hat set-up to get.

Thanks for any advice.:starwars:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
You can use any 02-07 WRX takeoff suspension. The tophats will bolt right up. The ideal setup is WRX sedan struts with WRX wagon rear springs. Sedan rear springs will give you a saggy rear.

·
Registered
99 Forester S
12 Posts
i fitted '02 WRX sedan springs all round to my Euro spec '99 turbo, decided to leave stock struts in place. about 2 inch drop and way better ride. If i knew how to link my previous posting to this one(any help) i could show thread. Must admit i am a bit worried about rear end sag.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Forester S
12 Posts
post pics when you done, it will be worth it. I put the 4 pot wrx front calipers and rotors on too, easy swap, your next project?

·
Registered
1999 Forester S-Turbo
77 Posts
hi guys,

anybody knows if the Impreza GT/WRX 2 pot front calipers 294mm will fit the OEM S-turbo MY99 rims (OEM rotor size 277mm)?

thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts