Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all:

I FINALLY got the time and installed the Importology lip as per Tossty's suggestions.

The lip really isn't well molded and appears to be too narrow between the fog lap wells to really snug up to the bumper as my images show.

Also: there's no way in hell that the included 3M tape would have cured the major fit issue based on the poor original sculpt. The upper edge of the lip would have been angled upwards instead of parallel to the ground as it is supposed to mount.

Therefore, Tossty's use of some screws with pop-on plastic caps was the ONLY way to achieve a decent mounting.

Overall, I'm happy because the lip looks pretty good on the car. However, you can see the spaces and poor fit clearly.

I'll be wet-sanding the lip to dull it down a bit and will then flat-black the caps which will help.

Anyway, I am thrilled that I finally got this done......next are the fender repeaters which should be loads of fun. Again, Tossty's post shows how well they look when installed properly........all of this angst on a 7 year old Forester with 129K miles........

Steve

Attachments

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
More photos? Thinking of trying to get one and go through this...

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Yeah they R pretty good ,but fittment just like you said not the graetest.I like how its look on mine with eye lids

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
lookin good.. yea good luck on trying to get in touch with them.. ive been emailin em for like 3 weeks now trying to get the grill... someones side view mirror fell off their car while cruisin at 80mph on the highway fubaring my DIY grill..

so now i need 1.. that or a stock one if i can get my hands on 1

plus i need somethin to go with my eyelids as well!!

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
lookin good.. yea good luck on trying to get in touch with them.. ive been emailin em for like 3 weeks now trying to get the grill... someones side view mirror fell off their car while cruisin at 80mph on the highway fubaring my DIY grill..

so now i need 1.. that or a stock one if i can get my hands on 1

plus i need somethin to go with my eyelids as well!!
Yeah man get those eyelids as well.You will like them

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
Yeah man get those eyelids as well.You will like them
i got them a while ago but never put em on.. n now i need a grill to redo my DIY or just gettin the importology one.. but theyre not returnin my emails:icon_frown:

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Just get the importology one.It looks much better.On what email you R sending?Is it one off the website?

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Yeah thats the one that I was using and guy name Tony respond in about 2 days.Also that was more then 6 months ago_O yeah he found me on photobucket and asked me if he can put pics on their website.Thats the last time I talk to him.Did you try to buy them on website?

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
i have an importology grill i didnt install.....

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
98 Posts
i got them a while ago but never put em on.. n now i need a grill to redo my DIY or just gettin the importology one.. but theyre not returnin my emails:icon_frown:

I've been back and forth with the importology guys like the last month or so, and they have 10 left but no mounting brackets for them, so i'm waiting it out until they have the mounting brackets so i can get mine :icon_frown:

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Mounting brackets are really just a small strip of metal.. if you have any spare pieces around, I'd recommend just bending and drilling your own. Theirs never matched up with the desired height anyway--it was too high (which they then recommended 3M tape to hold it down , but I remove my grille regularly so I didn't utilize this solution). (I should note that this is the same with the Corazon grille too).

Just be sure to use hardware that doesn't rust.

If you don't end up getting it from Benmara or Importology, let me know. I have one just lying around since I switched to FSTi front.

White is sure nice :) Hides the lines better.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Nope. Your only options for 06-08 are to either:
1) Get authentic JDM Subaru lip
2) Switch to a Forester Sports bumper (easiest)

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
Mounting brackets are really just a small strip of metal.. if you have any spare pieces around, I'd recommend just bending and drilling your own. Theirs never matched up with the desired height anyway--it was too high (which they then recommended 3M tape to hold it down , but I remove my grille regularly so I didn't utilize this solution).

Just be sure to use hardware that doesn't rust.

If you don't end up getting it from Benmara or Importology, let me know. I have one just lying around since I switched to FSTi front.

White is sure nice :) Hides the lines better.
Any photos of your mounting solution? Think there's enough room for some Hellas (500) behind it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts