Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 XT
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would like to ask you for a help. I have lived for two years in Moscow and now it's time to come back home or better say to move to a different location. I have bought here almost 2 years ago FXT and i really fell in love with "her"" so i have decided to take it w/ me.
I have already verified the customs things and it seems that i will have no problems either here in russia neither in slovakia. The problem is though how to register the car in slovakia. As far as I know i will need to present the COC certificate (certificate of conformity) which is related exactly to my car stating VIN code etc. I have checked w/ subaru slovakia aad they say that they can issue such a cerificate for their clients only. I am checking it with my dealer here in russia but it seems that they do not know anything about such a certificate and can issue just a general certificate for forester model.
I have seen and an example of such a certificate. It is two pages and it in fact is a certificate issued by the producer - japan and it only has a stamp of the local subaru importer.
Now my questions.

Does anyone have experienced something similar, i mean importing the car to EU from outside? Is it possible that this COC will be issued to me by Subaru Japan? Could you advise me some contact in Subaru japan to address to?
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
The dealer where you bought the car must be able to provide this. Check with another dealer or Subaru Russia main.
It is indeed issued by the Fujitsu Heavy Industries in Japan, have you tried calling a dealer in Japan? It might be tricky with the language though.
Alternatively explain to the Russian dealer what the paper is etc and where it originates and push them to get it. I guess you have already done that though.
Sorry not much help.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Rinspeed manual 5 speed
739 Posts
Fpan is right! Every subaru dealer should be able to provide this COC!
I did it myself and it was no problem at all except i imported from germany to austria! But i needed this COC also... i just called Subaru Austria and it was no problem!

·
Restricted Seller : Do not buy from me.
2009 2.5
109 Posts
i brought my fozz from US when the $ was very cheap and had no problems with registration in EU. But as far as I know cars in Russia cost more than EU ones, why not to sell it there and look for something fresh on your new place?

PS. or just keep the rus numberplate and at least you will not have problems with speed cameras LOL :D

·
Registered
2000 S-Turbo
402 Posts
i brought my fozz from US when the $ was very cheap and had no problems with registration in EU. But as far as I know cars in Russia cost more than EU ones, why not to sell it there and look for something fresh on your new place?

PS. or just keep the rus numberplate and at least you will not have problems with speed cameras LOL :D
wzikas, did you buy a left hand drive Foz from the US? Did you manage to save any money and how easy was the importing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts