Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester ST
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed the scangauge diagnostic unit into a Japanese import scoob ? I know the electrics are not compatable with some U.K. market products.The lads at htec elite performance were sound,but could`nt guarantee all the features would work.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
It looks similar and does all the same functions.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
what about this one though that I spotted recently in a JDM performance mag:
As the mag says the name "TurboGauge" is a bit of a misnomer......has nowt to do with the turbo.

Rich we need to find out when JDM went OBDII, if at all...............have you not tried an OBDII code scanner before on yours??

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
As the mag says the name "TurboGauge" is a bit of a misnomer......has nowt to do with the turbo.
It's a name. My Forester doesn't cut down trees either...well not unless you go REALLY fast into them :cool:

Rich we need to find out when JDM went OBDII, if at all...............have you not tried an OBDII code scanner before on yours??
Have you not read my posts on SS....?
Scangauge II - Surrey Scoobies

Hopefully I should be trying one of Sunday. JDM went OBD2 ages ago but apparently a slightly different flavour. Scangauge technical support assure me it should work on mine. Believe it when I see it I think the phrase is. :chair:

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Have you not read my posts on SS....?
Scangauge II - Surrey Scoobies

Hopefully I should be trying one of Sunday. JDM went OBD2 ages ago but apparently a slightly different flavour. Scangauge technical support assure me it should work on mine. Believe it when I see it I think the phrase is. :chair:
Yes hence the question....................

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Yes hence the question....................
...then hopefully by Sunday evening we will know whether the ScanGauge works on a MY06 FSTI. Then all we need to do collectively is try EVERY other JDM variant out there :banana:

If it works on mine I'll get one... be assured.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try one on Sunday so I still don't know if it'll work. :confused:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Ok tried someones ScanGauge (don't know whether it was the 2 - will check), and all it did was continue to say "connecting". Left it for a good couple of hours after trying ignition/engine on/off & variants.
So unless anyone has obvious explainations at the moment I am of the opinion it is unlikely to work if I buy one.

:icon_frown:

Edit:
****, after having just read an online manual it looks like we may have been able to put the scangauge into a different mode and manual changed the detection, as opposed to letting it try automatically.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
My PSI3 that works fine and monitors various parameters uses OBD I I guess then?
FYI , I had the same unit fitted to my '07 WRX wagon and worked fine as well.

Edit: It looks like the PSI3 uses SSM rather than OBD mode according to post 21 here:
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/785998-psi3-ecu-data-monitor-help.html

If you can find a PSI3 go for it , it is a great bit of kit.
The company is not trading anymore though so you have to buy it 2nd hand.

·
Lucas
2004 Forester XT Manual
2,825 Posts
ScanGuage2

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing ScanGuage2 but I am not entirely sure whether it will work? I am getting confused as some of the people in Europe section saying it works just fine in their Foz?
I have 2.0XT 2003 Forester, I know there was problem with JDM version - is my version is JDM just because is RHD? As far as I know my Foz work with OBDII, so it should work - or I am missing smth?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing ScanGuage2 but I am not entirely sure whether it will work? I am getting confused as some of the people in Europe section saying it works just fine in their Foz?
I have 2.0XT 2003 Forester, I know there was problem with JDM version - is my version is JDM just because is RHD? As far as I know my Foz work with OBDII, so it should work - or I am missing smth?
Yours is a RHD European model. A JDM Model VIN only has 9 characters............ not 17.

Works fine in a UK spec Forester from MY01 onwards. Used to have one in my MY03 XT with the blendmount similar to this.....

Worth a read through..........

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f74/scanguageii-post-pics-your-install-29729/

Just found my installation photo.......

Attachments

·
Lucas
2004 Forester XT Manual
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sti forester,TR6 6 speed manual
173 Posts
scangauge

tried one on 2006 JDM STI Forester had to get refund as it will not work on JDM OBDII port

1 - 17 of 17 Posts