Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SF 2.0l Auto S-Turbo
38 Posts
Could be worse, he could have added an octane booste to make up for the loss of power
see www dot gixxer dot com/forums/showpost.php?p=3761178&postcount=30

·
Registered
2003 XS
176 Posts
To be honest, I think its a testament to how well the BMW engines are built. I mean, think about it. This engine went 60k without an oil change and was apparently running the whole time! For some of us, we meticulously maintain our cars and consider ourselves lucky if we go 60k without requiring a new head gasket! Just a thought.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
True story, my neighbor is a Chrysler mechanic, and back in the day when the Grand Cherokee's came out and car companies were touting longer oil change intervals, they had a customer bring one back almost 3 years later complaining that the car was sluggish. When they got it up on the hoist to do some maintenance, one of the mechanics spotted the original oil filter still in place. My neighbor told me that Jeep's had a different colored oil filter only available on newly assembled engines and this was still the original. When they contacted the owner (it was leased) they said they always had the gas station check the oil and add some if necessary:huh:.
After dropping the oil pan and seeing the amount of sludge Chrysler warranties an engine replacement:huh:They had them report it as catastrophic engine failure and had the dealer dispose of the engine, they didn't want it back.:crazy:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
308 Posts
A Doctors wife had her 2007 Toyota Avalon XLS towed into Colonial Toyota in Indiana PA after it refused to turn over on a cool fall morning. I was there as the tech tore the engine down.

Solid black sludge cake plugged every square inch of the passages in that V6 after just 24,800 miles. (That BMW looks sweet compared to what I saw here!)

She said her husband added a quart of oil when told to by the yellow light on the dash, then re-set the light.

Never changed the oil. Never took the car to the dealer. Only had state inspections done.

Believe it or not- Toyota paid for a new short block and rebuilt heads for these idiots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts