Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 s/tb
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been lurking on the board for a couple of days now and as was asking about a luggage cover, still looking. I guess they are like rocking horse poo.

As I have just recently purchased a 99 Plate S-Turbo with 66,000 on the clock. The car has been regulary serviced at the correct intervals and the cambelt changed which is good. Is there anything else I need to be looking at or should be considering. The car is in quite good condition.
This the first time owning a Subaru for me. But what a car though, it goes really, really well.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Loz

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I got my parcel shelf / luggage cover off ebay for £12 + shipping.

Also look for people 'Breaking' foresters, give them a call and ask them if they still have the parcel shelf.

apart from that, nothing much goes wrong!

Hope this helps

Frazer

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
The 'regular service' is the key, don't stint on it and keep oil clean and the car will just 'keep going'.

Enjoy !

Cheers
Brian

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
Loz,

Just to confirm is yours a European Import "S-Turbo" or a JDM (Japanese Domestic Model) "S/Tb" ? As there's a bit of a difference.

·
Registered
1999 s/tb
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link, saw the comments around parts. Can this then cause some problems?

Regards

Loz

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
Thanks for the link, saw the comments around parts. Can this then cause some problems?

Regards

Loz
Not sure what actual parts AP was referring to, some of the body trim parts are JDM specific. Most engine parts will be equivalent year impreza parts.

Brian (Lacey) and Mykp would have more experience with the differences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts