Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good electric impact wrench?

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
Snap on makes a great cordless impact wrench...dunno if this is what you're looking for. on track days, its such a great tool to have

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, doesn't really need to be cordless. I'm more interested in using it to rotate my tires. I'll take a look at that though. Is there anything I need to look for in particular? What kind of power or will any of them be good enough to do that?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,680 Posts
It depends on what you mean by "good" and what your attitude is toward price and quality. Rotating tires isn't a really frequent, heavy duty application. You might find something that's far from top-of-the-line but handles your needs quite sufficiently.

If top-of-the-line isn't essential to you, then you could take a look at Harbor Freight. www.harborfreight.com They are showing 1/2" electric impact wrenches in the $30-70 range.

I've had one of their air powered impact wrenches for years. It works fine for the occasional tire rotation or rusted-on nut. (Removing the lug nuts, not tightening them! That's a job for a torque wrench.) But I probably wouldn't have bought from Harbor Freight if I were running a tire shop or a pit stop and needed a tool that could stand up to that sort of load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts