Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 X
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this new to me 03 X has both a key fob (Alpine I think) and ALSO a little device that can be used for remote start, but also has to be used to enable the car for starting. Never saw it before, but this car came from Canada and maybe they're common there ?

It's about 1" square with 4 buttons, and a slide to cover buttons when not in use.

It's a pain to have to use it every time to start the car, but I guess is a pretty good security gizmo.

Anyone seen these? Are they common?

Rocky

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Well the auto starter add-on is quite common in Canada. Doesn't matter if you have a 94 Cavalier; if you have remote start, you're the man. Just looking around, I found this company:
Autostart

What you have might be an older one of their products. The one I linked, for example, had a "starter kill" feature. Like you said, it's a good security feature, and was probably more necessary in earlier systems, when they were probably easier to hack.

·
Registered
2003 X
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ryan. Yeah, it's like that but must be another brand.

Anyway the odo's also in km so I'm racking up the mileage even faster!

262000 = 157000 and counting. If I can get the darn thing started!

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Thanks Ryan. Yeah, it's like that but must be another brand.

Anyway the odo's also in km so I'm racking up the mileage even faster!

262000 = 157000 and counting. If I can get the darn thing started!
Kewl. Or it could be an older model of that brand. I'm sure you could get any security system installer to remove that starter relay.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,759 Posts
The Autostart was in my 2001 Outback. It had the starter kill also, which is the main reason why I bought & installed it. Of course the car starter was handy too:).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.