Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My adventure today. Been itching to try out my new snow tires and got the chance!

Brushing the fozz off.

Most the road were almost cleared but icey as hell. About 3 inches of sleet accumulation on the road.

I was only one of few who made it up the hill. I had to drive through the snowbanks to get around these hopeless vehicals. Not even a single slip of any of my wheels. I was trying to help the black Pontiac. Good thing I had a tow strap and buckets full of sand on standby in the back.

I spanked this jeep. It took him 10 min to make it up the hill. All he did was get in my way a bunch of times and I had to pass him throw the snowbank and embrarras him. My fozz didn't even know it was on ice and I passed him whith no wheel slippage and he had his wheels literally smoking.

All in all I felt like an *** to just drive around everybody with ease. Even the snow plow (the pic I took didn't come out) was stuck and slide sideways furthure blocking the road. At one point there was 10 cars all stuck and sliding sideways. My fozz proved to be a champ!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
All in all I felt like an *** to just drive around everybody with ease. Even the snow plow (the pic I took didn't come out) was stuck and slide sideways furthure blocking the road. At one point there was 10 cars all stuck and sliding sideways. My fozz proved to be a champ!!
Good for you for both feeling that way, and for getting out to help! :rock::icon_biggrin: Congrats, you're human! :Banane35:

That's me, in my neighborhood, during our occasional blizzards. I can't even remember the number of people I pushed or otherwise helped out (I really need a tow strap and some sand) our last bad winter, 2 years ago.

I think at least one of them went and got themselves a Subaru. :biggrin:

Share the love. :wink:

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude those winterforce tires I paid $74 each for are some of the best tires I have owned. Some people say they feel to quirrely and quishy buts thats only if they're under inflated. If you run them slightly over inflated they drive like normal tires even screaming around corners. They handle better than my summer all seasons on dry road. The hill I was one was ice and frozen sleet, nice bottle neck of stuck traffic. I made it up the hill like it was dry and my tires are UNstudded. I say thats good ice traction.

I hearby swear by Firestone Winterforce tires!!!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Winterforce are great snow tires! I ran them for 4 years on my 05 X. I have a similar hill leading to my house and everytime it snows I pass 10-15 abandon cars, and have to drive around a bunch of other cars going 2mph up the hill. Good times!

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Great pics. A jeep. haha. That's epic fail right there. Probely the driver thought driving on summer tires would do since it's a jeep :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drove about 1 1/2 hours for this. I live in the Connecticut River Valley and it was about 38*F and rain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts