Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I installed my Hornblasters horns from my old Blazer. It was a tight fit, but I like them a little better than those little red circles you other guys are running. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Where did you put the compressor and tank?

I have a set of horns in my garage I'm trying to convince myself I should install.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are in the spare tire well. I have a Viair 380 comp and a 2 gal tank. I'll try and get a picture of it in the next day or two. Install them. There is no better way to get your point across then a short little blast.

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts
Looks like you could get some lift from those :)

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
156 Posts
Man, I got blasted by one of those once. While waiting in line for a movie (outside), somebody drove by and lit up the streets (and everyone's eardrums) with one of those. My abdominals instantly flexed and I curled into a "C" shape. The funny thing is I've watched all the videos online and laughed at all those people who got scared, and so karma worked out and it happened to me.

But please, a video!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
holy cow. I think I'd wet my shorts. Please don't blast those with a biker around (unless he's about to cut you off). I know on my bike you might scare me enough to run me off the road!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Earliest that I will have time to get more pics and video will be Wednesday night. They were much louder on my Blazer since I had 4 more for a total of 8.

Smash- People will probably laugh, but these horns do come with some responsibility. You can't just go around honking at anything that moves. You have to be careful of motorcycles, cyclists, old people, etc because their reactions could be jerky and hurt someone. But if someone deserves it they will get it. I have had to honk at a few motorcycles on the interstate though. Damn people think they own the road.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Earliest that I will have time to get more pics and video will be Wednesday night. They were much louder on my Blazer since I had 4 more for a total of 8.

Smash- People will probably laugh, but these horns do come with some responsibility. You can't just go around honking at anything that moves. You have to be careful of motorcycles, cyclists, old people, etc because their reactions could be jerky and hurt someone. But if someone deserves it they will get it. I have had to honk at a few motorcycles on the interstate though. Damn people think they own the road.

Yep, some bikers are really bad!!

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Man, I got blasted by one of those once. While waiting in line for a movie (outside), somebody drove by and lit up the streets (and everyone's eardrums) with one of those. My abdominals instantly flexed and I curled into a "C" shape. The funny thing is I've watched all the videos online and laughed at all those people who got scared, and so karma worked out and it happened to me.

But please, a video!
And then you rolled down your window and yelled "POKGAI AAH!" :D

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
While I think they are funny for pranking people, that's the only real reason I'd see for running though. The stock horn, or Hella's at best are plenty to get someone to notice you. If they are used for what the horn is actually meant for, I see it as being dangerous and causing possibly worse problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts