Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What should I do???

• keep my 06 forester X?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • or get a Brand New 2005 wrx?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • or get an exhaust for my 06 and an intake???

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • or just save my money???

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a great deal on a Brand New 2005 WRX, should I sell my 06 forester X for the wrx??? And if so should I sell my car outrught or trade it in??? I love my forester, but I miss the speed that I'm used to. I'm going to go test drive one and see if I like it, I most likely won't get one, but I'll just have to check it all out. Thanx for listening.

·
Mr. September 2008
2007 Legacy Automatic
583 Posts
Do you still have the GTi? If so just play with that to keep the utility and capability of the Forester. Not sure how important that is to you. You can also get the intake and exhaust for the X just for that extra umph.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How "great" a deal? You may take a beating if you trade your Forester in depending on how anxious the dealer is to sell the WRX. If the WRX deal is sweet enough, you might make out OK selling the Forester. I noticed the Forester is an auto. How about the WRX? My understanding is that the auto 2.0 litre WRX's are a little slow until the boost kicks in.

·
Mr. September 2008
2007 Legacy Automatic
583 Posts
mslasube said:
How "great" a deal? You may take a beating if you trade your Forester in depending on how anxious the dealer is to sell the WRX. If the WRX deal is sweet enough, you might make out OK selling the Forester. I noticed the Forester is an auto. How about the WRX? My understanding is that the auto 2.0 litre WRX's are a little slow until the boost kicks in.
Unless you get the tourque converter mod, but that's about a grand.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Wow, you'd be taking a major hit on the 06 Forester if you were to sell it. Doesn't seem like a sound financial decision to me, even if the WRX is a great deal. You will most likely be losing $$ on the deal in the end.

Also, I wouldnt even consider one of the 2.0L WRX's anymore now that they've got the 2.5 powerplant in the 06 models, but that's just me...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided that I'm just going to keep my car, I love it, it's just taking a little bit of time for me to accept that it's not as fast as my last 2 rides, which is probably best for me and others on the road. Thank you for all of your opinions. I decided earlier not to test drive the wrx, I don't want to lose any money yet on my car and I don't really want to lose the head room. Time to save my money.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
dlroto, why didn't you get the XT? I wish I'd gotten the Premium. It was only $1800 more but I was being cheap. I figured on spending that $1800 on paying it off early, insurance or parts that I wanted. My goal is to pay it off in 11 months. Hate bills!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I should've gotten the premium also or even the xt, but I was also being cheap. It's cheaper to buy the premium, than adding the stuff onto it to make a premium model. A lot cheaper, thanx for the input.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
I'm going to do the wheels/tires and rear sway bar. As much as I liked the stuff on the premium, I really only wanted the limited slip and better brakes. My car stops fine and I can get better wheels/tires than the Premium package offered at a good price. I say save the money for now and decide later. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts