Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Wednesday there was a party at my brother’s house. Is neighbor has an ATV so we went for a ride in the mountain. After the ride I decided to do the trail again but with the forester. Wow that was fun. I could go anywhere where the ATV could go with less effort. Even the neighbor couldn’t believe it. The only downside is that the trail was a little small and some tree branches made marks on the passenger side. I hope I can buff it out.

Some battle scar but a lot of fun. I hope to do it again soon. Maybe somewhere more open so I don’t scrape the cheap paint on the foz.

So now I can say that my AWD serves a purpose! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,734 Posts
That sounds like a hoot. Don't worry about the scrapes on the side. That's custom pinstriping-it adds some character:).

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Subaru's off road are underestimated even by Subaru enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that better! :icon_biggrin:
Much better thank you! :icon_biggrin:

Subaru's off road are underestimated even by Subaru enthusiasts.
Yeah it can hold its own. But the paint scratch very easily. But I'm glad to report that with the help of my porter cable I manage to remove all the scratch on my Forester. It's like new again.:Banane17:

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
136 Posts
Much better thank you! :icon_biggrin:

Yeah it can hold its own. But the paint scratch very easily. But I'm glad to report that with the help of my porter cable I manage to remove all the scratch on my Forester. It's like new again.:Banane17:
Did you happen to take a picture of how bad the scratches were? I'm looking at an FXT that's scratched up pretty well - I'm wondering if a good buffing might take care of it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you happen to take a picture of how bad the scratches were? I'm looking at an FXT that's scratched up pretty well - I'm wondering if a good buffing might take care of it.
I took some photo at home quickly. Not sure how they turned out. I will try to think of checking them tonight.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked out the photo of the scratch yesterday but forgot to post it. There not the best but you can see whats up. Ill post them tonight!

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Sport
74 Posts
I checked out the photo of the scratch yesterday but forgot to post it. There not the best but you can see whats up. Ill post them tonight!
Yeah don't worry too much about it. Eventually your fiance will someday back your car into your brother-in-laws parked car and hit a few trash cans along the way. It will always happen. I speak from experience.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah don't worry too much about it. Eventually your fiance will someday back your car into your brother-in-laws parked car and hit a few trash cans along the way. It will always happen. I speak from experience.
I'm not worried at all. I think you miss the part where I said that I manage to remove all the scratch with my Porter cable. :rock:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a picture of the scratch. These scratch were all over the passenger side. They looked worse live but you can get a idea. Anyhow. None of them sustained the power of my mighty Porter cable! :p
I hope it helps !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts