1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forrester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Forrester 2.5XS NORMALLY ASPIRATED

1. Turn off lights stereo and anything that draws power
2. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes.
3. Reconnect the battery
4. Turn the key to the ON position, wait 15 seconds
5. Start the engine and let it idle without any load.
6. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes. Do not touch the accelerator or change any electrical load.
7. Turn the engine off and wait 20 seconds.
8. Turn the key to the ON position, wait 15 seconds
9. Start engine and idle for 5 minutes.
10. Turn engine off complete.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,070 Posts
@Bclayne that procedure is also detailed on this thread: How to Idle Re-Learn after Battery Disconnect :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Forrester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Bobby,

Thanks for the reply, and the warm welcome.

I did several searches for key words “idle” and “idle speed”:and various other permutations of that general topic and unfortunately this thread did not come up for me so I posted the information I found on the subject.

Thank you for the link. I read it and it is certainly more verbose than the short list of steps I penned in such a stingy manner, moreover, it gave me opportunity to Google stoichiometric ratio which provided some interesting reading but was irrelevant information albeit a good device to establish the credibility of the author. I am, however, surprised that Enthalpy of Formation with regards to exothermic reactions of Octane and Oxygen were not also referenced.

With regards to my Personal Profile, I think it contains about as much information as it is going to at the present time. I don’t expect any one to rely on any of my posts, as I am not trying to establish any sort of illusion of technical expertise, except that I own an old Subaru Forrester, in The United States, which I bought at Car Max because it was a good deal, and I occasionally work on it. I will however share information I have gleaned from my experiences correcting problems and make sure it is not redundant in any way.

Again, Bobby, thanks for your reply and your kind words of advise.

Sincerely,
Chris

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,070 Posts
@Bclayne the Google custom forum search is pretty good. Take a look at my search results for "idle relearn". Scroll down to the search results. :wink:

As to filling out your "Public Profile". That's optional, but as I noted on my previous post:
This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts