Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, thought it would never happen but it did...got stuck on top of a mound of snow/ice in a driveway right after breaking my lip:icon_cry:

Expensive lesson, missing my OEM clearance, and thinking very intently on diff guard and skid plate.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear. That's the reason I swap to my Swift suspension with saggy butt spacers in rear and front for the winter.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! Sorry to hear. That's the reason I swap to my Swift suspension with saggy butt spacers in rear and front for the winter.
Thanks. Yeah, changing seasons can be expensive if you do it right...I am doing everything else, I should have just taken my spoiler off...oh well, not sure I will replace it now.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
^ Sucks to hear. :frown:

I've been very careful this season, my first winter, with my RavSpec PU lip on my slightly (approx. 1-inch, all-around) dropped BL-Legacy.

I have, though, already taken it - albeit not intentionally - through situations where I suspect that a FRP lip would not have survived.

But I also think that as time goes on, I might get more careless.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to drive a lowered car...I come from well over a decade's worth of seat-time behind some rather slammed-to-the-ground DSMs....it's just that I think, I'm getting more callous to things, having driven cars with higher ground clearances as of the last half-decade.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
ive been worried about the same thing with all this snow. it is the main reason I haven't gone out yet, not cuz i doubt my subi's capabilities I just like my front lip. it might be worth filing an insurance claim and getting a real fsti front lip and maybe even painting it like XT666 has

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Yikes. I need to get moving on my experiment with the 06-07 WRX/STI S204 replica lip (going to try to see if it can be reasonably custom mounted to 03-05 FSTI and FSXTs). Maybe that'll serve as a cheap and replaceable part.

Except every time I find a guy selling them, he's either too far or gets yanked by the mods for trying to be a vendor lol. All I need is a meet up to test fit!

·
2008 SG Model D
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what I will do yet but here are some crappy crackberry shots of my lip...doesn't look bad from afar at rest (except at an angle when you see like through the gap)...on the highway at speed I have no idea:

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Yep, but hopefully less than what fastwrx charges. The beauty of the PU reps all over nasioc is that they're less than $100. We won't have that kind of pricing due to much lower demand but it would be nice to be close.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts