Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
501 - 512 of 512 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
The end of an era! I sold my FSXT a few weeks ago, after it blew a head gasket. I replaced it with a '19 4Runner.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
@2.5x_sleeper Hey Bobby, it's been a while! Sorry - the head gasket failure and sale was pretty quick! I sold it to my friend/mechanic who did most of the big turbo build. Glad to see you're still around, too!!! :D

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
@2.5x_sleeper All of the mods are still in great shape, and, as you know, they are plentiful. haha The body got beat up from 11 years of daily driving and kid-hauling, and the long block likely needs a rebuild to remain reliable-ish.

Yes, same mechanic, but he's over in Aloha now (209th & TV Hwy).

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Ian, well done holding onto the car so long. I still get a twinge of regret when I drive past a nice SG Forester. The back seat was always going to be too small once I had kids, but with the advent of increasingly complex vehicle electronics, I don't know that I will ever again have a car again that was both super fun to drive and easy to work on.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
Ian, well done holding onto the car so long. I still get a twinge of regret when I drive past a nice SG Forester. The back seat was always going to be too small once I had kids, but with the advent of increasingly complex vehicle electronics, I don't know that I will ever again have a car again that was both super fun to drive and easy to work on.
Andy, holy smokes!!! Good to hear from you!!! While I don't regret selling the FSXT, I definitely miss driving a fast and planted vehicle. The 4Runner is a great SUV in its own right, but, holy sh*t, it's slow and ponderous!!! I get the same gas mileage as the FSXT. 😂 Thankfully, the 4Runner is a relatively simple vehicle, by today's standards - exactly what I wanted!!!

How've you been?! Still in the same area?!

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Andy, holy smokes!!! Good to hear from you!!! While I don't regret selling the FSXT, I definitely miss driving a fast and planted vehicle. The 4Runner is a great SUV in its own right, but, holy sh*t, it's slow and ponderous!!! I get the same gas mileage as the FSXT. 😂 Thankfully, the 4Runner is a relatively simple vehicle, by today's standards - exactly what I wanted!!!

How've you been?! Still in the same area?!
Hey man! I am doing well. I have two kids now and we moved to the Bethany area a few years ago after changing jobs. I'm driving two pretty boring cars these days but after my youngest is out of preschool I hope to get something more fun (probably an EV of some kind). How's the high-voltage cable world been treating you?

501 - 512 of 512 Posts