Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all.
Here is a learning view snapshot of my wifes 100% Stock MY04 FXT MT. It seems to me that the IAM is way low & A/F's are way off for a stock tune, My WRX has 0's all over and a 1.0 IAM. Can anybody tell me what is wrong???? Is it hardware or my stock tune has a problem????
P.S this View was took shortly after an ECU reset.

Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
Hello to all.
Here is a learning view snapshot of my wifes 100% Stock MY04 FXT MT. It seems to me that the IAM is way low & A/F's are way off for a stock tune, My WRX has 0's all over and a 1.0 IAM. Can anybody tell me what is wrong???? Is it hardware or my stock tune has a problem????
P.S this View was took shortly after an ECU reset.

Thank you for all your help.

AFR's aren't way off. They aren't ideal, but 15% would indicate way off.

If the FXT is truely stock and you haven't messed with the rom, you have a mechanical problem. Your ECU isn't happy in any way with what is going on.

Bad gas?
Boost Leak?
Spark Plugs?
Dirty MAF?
Old wore out o2 sensor?
Clogged cat or fuel filter?

Start going through everything and make sure you are up on engine-related maintenance.

Any CELs? (I ask becaue your learning view shot indictates no, but, you reset the ECU. What was the learning view before?)

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
When you say shortly, how short are you talking? And I'm assuming premium gas was in it?

Also wondering about the fuel as well. Although 10% isn't too much, it is interesting how it's progressively adding more and more w/ airflow. Possible clogged injector or fuel filter?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
93000miles, new Spark plugs,new air filter, no cels, 91 oct only. If i had a boost leak, bad maf, cloged injector i would have a CEL???? What should i check first????

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a way of testing MAF, Injectors, O2 ect. Using romraider. It might point me in the right direction? Also would a log help any of you???
Once again thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
93oct is availible, Denso iradium changed them last week, fuel filter changed at 40000mi.

Thanks

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
You wouldn't necessarily throw a CEL. The ECU is looking for ranges and if your issue isn't bad enough to be outside of the range but still cause an issue, than it won't trip a CEL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts