Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I actually like all 3 of them but for a silver Foz I think the black one would stand out a little more and look really nice

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What colour is your plate? Sure you don't want a chrome chain link frame?:lol:
california!

...and no, i dont want that chrome chain link frame. ive seen them at kragen. id rather have the 'coconut tree' one. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I'd go stealth and put on the silver. Have you debadged your Forester?
I have a clear plastic plate protector on mine, not a frame, that has held up quite well over 5-6 years. Here they can ticket you for the smoke or coloured plate covers but they still sell them and I still see lots on vehicles.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I think since Cali has the white/off white/silverish color plates I'd go with the black frame for a little contrast. IMO the contrast would look nicer.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah. i was thinking about that one too. since come summer time, i'll be putting on the black hood deflector (even tho it will be in front) and the black rear bumper cover.

i just dont wanna keep sporting my dealer's plate frames that's why im changing them. for the front, i went with this one. coming in tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
if you're doing the other black accents then I would definitely go with the black one.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i haven't purchased one for the back as im still considering either an SF Giants black frame or LA Lakers black frame (my 2 favorite sports teams) but here's the front. finally took some pictures today! :icon_biggrin:

(molded) fits and looks really nice! i like it! no more dealer's plate frame. yey!

special thanks to arcadetom for bringing this little gem to my attention.

btw the inside slim black frame with clear plastic cover on it is not part of the item from carworx. i got it at kragen.

...also, i think my plate # is kinda special. i like to think it reads ~ "sexual death" :biggrin: although im pondering about getting a special interest plate. few things in mind:
AWD RWKZ ~ AWD rocks!
SHTUNOT ~ sh*t u not! (i wonder how i can get away with this, if ever) / it got "SH" for MY10 Foz style tho :p
DFIXISN or DAFIXSN ~ the fix is in! *i bet on sports. hehe!
I R RULZ ~ i are rules!
EPIFAIL ~ epic fail or epi fail
STUP1FY ~ stupify *song by disturbed (STUPIFY i believe is already taken)
*i know the last 2 are kinda lame. lol!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Don't you already have a Forester nameplate on the back already? Seems like overkill to me.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if ur talking about the plate i initially posted here, i havent purchased it! so im not quite sure which one would be an overkill ?!?! :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts