Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester 2.5x prem.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the foz about a month and just cant get comfortable driving it. I love everything about the car except for the seat comfort and driving position. Any idea on what i can sell it for ? It has 1500 miles on it. I looked at the NADA guides and based on that I should get 24,400 for it. 2.5X prem w/all weather pkg. Feedback would be appreciated.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
481 Posts
Had the foz about a month and just cant get comfortable driving it. I love everything about the car except for the seat comfort and driving position. Any idea on what i can sell it for ? It has 1500 miles on it. I looked at the NADA guides and based on that I should get 24,400 for it. 2.5X prem w/all weather pkg. Feedback would be appreciated.
If you love everything else about the vehicle, I'd try reworking or replacing the seat before I considered selling it so soon.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
Wow your going to lose allot selling it so soon. The 2010 has the power seats with lumbar support right? Hard to believe you cant get a comfortable seating position, but your not the first to complain about it. Good luck selling it.

Have you looked at mysubaru.com theres a guaranteed trade in value on it there, maybe the Outback would be better for you.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Take what you paid for it, subtract 30%, and that's what you'll likely get.

So if you paid $27,000, only expect to get ~$19,000 for it. That will probably be the most expensive rental car you've ever had.

No dealer in their right mind will give you better than 20% less than you paid.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
Having a seat cushion custom made for yourself and refitted to the factory seat and upholstery is probably going to run you a few hundred. That is WAY cheaper than taking a multi-thousand dollar hit in depreciation to try to sell a one month old vehicle.

Either that, or check out seat-thread to check to see what other seats fit in the Forester from other Subaru's. Then try those seats out and if you like them better, swap them out.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
When we got our 2009 I found that after about 1/2 our ride my neck was hurting, the head rest angle kept me from getting the seat in a comfortable position. I searched this forum and found where a member recommended straigting the head rest metal uprights so that the head rest tilted back more parellel with the seat back, followed his method of fixing the problem. I am now able to get the seat back more upright and I like the ride. I got a 2010 last weekend, a long story, and will do the mod this weekend.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Also, before you start either taking a bath on selling it, or monkeying around with bending and cutting stuff on your seat, just try driving it for another month. I bought an 01 Forester to be my main car when my 09 Legacy's lease is up, and the first full month i had my Forester, i HATED the seat. Only a few days ago, two months into ownership, did i realize that i am comfy in it now. It simply took my back about 6 weeks to get used to it.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Oh and no way you'll get 24,400 for it. Sorry. But someone can walk into a dealership and buy a new untitled one for less. You may be able to get like 22,500 for it private party. If you traded it in figure about 20k, if my calculations are correct, but i'm not sure. They'll need enough padding for recon and certifying it and then have room for negotiating and profit before they hit the cost of a new one.

Oh and people who hate the headrest, recline your seat back one click. And raise the headrest a little if it's down all the way. You sit up far too straight!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Oh and people who hate the headrest, recline your seat back one click. And raise the headrest a little if it's down all the way. You sit up far too straight!
+2. Just one click backward made all the difference in the world for me on our '04.

If you simply must move on to something else, do as TC2000 mentioned and take a look at Subaru's Guaranteed Trade-In Program (GTP).

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Please be more specific about your issue with the car. There's a lot of specific and general knowledge amoung the readers here and some may be able to help you keep your car and wallet.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
+2. Just one click backward made all the difference in the world for me on our '04.

If you simply must move on to something else, do as TC2000 mentioned and take a look at Subaru's Guaranteed Trade-In Program (GTP).
They won't do GTP on an 09, at least they wouldn't when I had asked about it over the summer.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Go on Intelliprice.com and run your 2010 through its valuator. It is fairly close to manheim auto auction values, which is usually where a dealer will start on a trade-in valuation. Its up to you to get more trade allowance out of the dealer than the mannheim auto auction current wholesale value for your region.. that's where the negotiation process begins. And yes, it will probably be around $18,500 - 19,500 wholesale right now.

The Forester has so many strengths and so few weaknesses. You really should endeavor to persevere a bit longer and see if it grows on you.

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,233 Posts
Wow..I'm speechless first on the amount of money you are going to lose and second wondering why you would not consider this important to begin with. Get the seat customized..end of problem.

I'll give you $17,000 for it.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,160 Posts
Go sit in a 2008+ STi. Those seats are sooo much nicer than the ones in the Forester. If they agree with your butt and back, you should be able to find a set for less than $600.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,846 Posts
Go sit in a 2008+ STi. Those seats are sooo much nicer than the ones in the Forester. If they agree with your butt and back, you should be able to find a set for less than $600.
I agree, replacement seats are are the way to go! Much less cost than replacing the entire vehicle. :wink: You may be able to sell the old seats, making the cost of replacement seats that much less! :biggrin:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 20 of 40 Posts