Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i been looking forever for the right car for me and its this forester i got. I had it for about 2 months now and i love it. i drive an hour to school everyday with it.

I got it with 32,000 miles and in great condition with all the upgrades, black powder coated rims with Toyo open country A/T tires with only a few hundred miles on them, and STI hyperground was put in too which is random. i got it for only $13000. Thank you craigslist!!

NOW I want to mod it out! Someone give me some ideas on what i should do! I dont want to do anything really expensive. I want to put in an intake. give me some ideas!

I would post a picture but it wont let me. so all i got is my avatar.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,975 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! As to your problem posting a picture. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
A good start would be by browsing the information already available here, reading the stickies in the tech forums, etc.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
I was totally new to modding not too long ago, and I got some pretty good advice from this forum and the folks on it.
One of the first things I considered was some SWIFT sport springs (see mann engineering in the vendors section) along with a rear sway bar. You`ll get much better handling out of that.

Then, just like Silke mentioned, you`re in for hours of browsing through the Forum.

A good starting point could be this Car & Driver article, and this post, which includes these excellent references:

How to turn better than an STI for cheap!

How to go faster than an STI for cheap!

Have fun!!

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum from WV. As mentioned above, just browse around the forum to get some ideas. My girlfriend and I got our SG9 back in september and there is a lot of things I want to do, just gotta find the cash first. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
2007 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far i been looking for things just for better engine performance or better mpg because how far i drive everyday. the problem is most of the parts i want is only for the XT model. what is compatible for just the X? all i can find is "universal" parts that seem cheap and gimmicky.
I read up in other parts of the forum its hard to find anything but xt stuff.
I have an upgraded suspension too, i forgot to mention.
sway bars seem like they would go well on mine but im trying to start at the engine.
forestercm.jpg
I painted my calipers white too with the G2 caliper paint.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Theres really not much you can do engine wise that will give it any noticeable difference. Intake might give you a bit of a peak HP boost, but will likely negatively impact low end performance.

What suspension mods does it have? Best bang for the buck initial mod is probably an sti RSB. If you drive it hard, some good tires (street tires, those open country are more geared toward trucks that will see some amount of dirt road usage).

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
Welcome,

there are a bunch of members here with NA models like yours, just because the XT crowd is more tuner friendly doesn't mean you are out of luck.
Check out our NA section and also the NAISOC NA Section for more ideas.

I would recommend doing suspension and wheels/tires to get your foz more enjoyable and fun to drive, worry about power when you are ready to upgrade..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts