Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or rather i need tints. On a run to sunny Sutton on Sea last Saturday my daughter and the dog nearly fried in the back of the foz. Had to resort to putting my t shirt over the window glass to protect her from the sun. Not ideal. So I'm looking for a decent tinting place in or around Sheffield/Rotherham. A place near me is doing a deal for £99. Any shade, any colour. Any particular make or grade of film i should ask for? Going for 30% on the rear doors and boot glass i think.

http://tint.yolasite.com/

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Just had my rears done for exactly the same reason. Little girl loves it now. I think metal based films are better. I paid £150 for rear passenger and the three rear windows. Matey said it was a bit tricky around aerial but all looks sweet.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
You drive around with your daughter in the boot....? :biggrin:

30% doesn't sound much matey - go for limo back on the rear or don't bother with anything.

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Isn't thirty the legal amount for the front? Not very dark. I think mine was 70 for the back?

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
30-40% was the figure I was deciding upon last summer. I got quoted 140 for the 6 sides plus the rear. Protint, Sheffield, 0114 221 0151 protint.uk.com

any darker than 40% it's into blingy boingy territory IMHO on the SF5. Gangster hearse anyone..?

mike

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,544 Posts
Try avoiding metal based ones, you will reduce the signal strength as the aerials are on the rear quarter windows.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Maximum legal tint on front sides is 30% (strictly 70% of light must pass through), that would include the stock Subaru tint which is probably 10-15% (so effectively don't bother with the fronts).

I use those rubber sucker blinds myself!

Remember that tinted windows make a car HOTTER when parked in the sun (less sunlight gets in, but even less radiates back out due to the different wavelengths), its only when you are cooling the interior with cooler air (A/C or from outside) do you gain a benefit.

Simon

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
I tried the sucker things...my daughter took great pleasure in pulling the feckers off then moaning about the sun in her eyes...! The tints have been a god send.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Clearly I have better behaved/brighter :icon_biggrin: daughters - must take after their Dad?

:N_poke:

Simon

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
If you're worried about the sun coming in with your daughter and dog in the back then I would say go 5% on the back 5 windows and go with whatever is legal on the front 2. The first really bright morning when that sun tries to come in the window as the sun comes up you'll be much happier with the darker tint. I personally am still working on a way to dim the sun directly but that might be a couple years off so just go with some tint till then.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Brian will be here in a minute offering you his JDM smoked glass for £50,000. Oh I forgot he's a Yorkshireman, he'll only a packet of scratchings and a pint fer them...

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Gangster Hearse tints are standard on the FSTI. :biggrin:

yeah but that is one of the sexiest fozzers on here NDS!!! And your car is black already so hearse stylee is sexy stylee for forry forry

Eh?

Ooh, EDIT, just spotted what looks like a Monte Carlo behind yours. or is it an 037? No, there's no rust on it, it must actually be a fibreglassed kit version running Maxi brakes and Viva suspension :))

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,544 Posts
It's a Alfa Romeo GTV6. My neighbour used to have one, lovely car.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
It's a Alfa Romeo GTV6. My neighbour used to have one, lovely car.
Was just some of the usual trash that blowns up when Charlie gives it the heavy foot on the rollers at Surrey Rolling Road :mob:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts