Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2001 Forester and i would like to know what exhaust setup i need to get the best flow possible, the rumble and i don't want much noise. Thanks Damian

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Your best bet may be to narrow your search by finding something you like the sound of on YouTube and then focus on something in particular and also don't be afraid to create a custom setup but beware, you may create a droning monster so good luck.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,705 Posts
I am not sure what fits on your SF but on my SG I just love the little bit more sound I got from an OEM Impreza STI exhaust.

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,412 Posts
With my set-up, people think I have WRX/STI swap. The thing is, I don't!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Headers = lots of money.

I think what you're after can be achieved with a Magnaflow muffler and a little custom bending by a good exhaust shop. Should come in for $250-$300 max.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
And keep the OEM cats?
if you get a high flow cat along with header and catback, it will get pretty loud.

as suggested above, youtube's a good way to find what you're looking for:

i currently have a stromung catback and have been stalling on installing a borla unequal length header...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Headers = lots of money.

I think what you're after can be achieved with a Magnaflow muffler and a little custom bending by a good exhaust shop. Should come in for $250-$300 max.
Header for Subaru = $150...

I like my custom 2.25" Magnaflow catback and Borla replica header combo. Mine is non-resonated, so it's a tad louder, but if you did it with a resonator I think it would deliver what you're looking for. :smile:

If you're gonna get an exhaust, PLEASE get a header. lol Un-equal length, too... otherwise you'll sound like a Honduh. :lol:

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am looking for a OBX equal header, for me everything has to have a purpose, and between extra HP or better sound, i choose extra HP. I hope it don't sound like a Honda, right now in my mind the setup is OBX header + Cheaper HFC + Glasspack resonator + Magnaflow or Dynamax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts