Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

....for the track that is. I've looked into rear wings and most of them are desinged to mount on a flat trunk. This is probably a custom one-off but it gives me a great idea of how to mount on a vertical hatch. I can imagine this produces some decent downforce. Now I wonder if they would send me the template for it ????

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
It would be an interesting setup on a Forester for sure.
I've always wanted to try the Voltex wing designed for the hatchbacks on a Subie wagon. I suspect it'd still mount up nicely on an Impreza wagon or hatch because of how sloped the rear hatch is at the top.

Heck, it might work on the Forester still... but I could see having to mix and match to get the right wing width.

http://www.voltex.ne.jp/english/pro_wing.html

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I like that Civic.

This may sound ignorant, but would mounting a wing similar to that to a tow-hitch be doable/practical? You could install/remove it easily..

Stan

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
I would think a front wing would be more advantageous on the track than a rear wing like that.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
FWD car, needs as much front downforce as possible. Im sure it works.

Stan

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
I like that Civic.

This may sound ignorant, but would mounting a wing similar to that to a tow-hitch be doable/practical? You could install/remove it easily..

Stan
I am thinking the same thing. I have this bike rack and a year ago was going to put a ricer universal wing on it just for fun. I was even going to put fake parachute bag.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts